safetydave

Skydive Jamaica April trip, Yah Mon!

Hi Jason
How are you?
We can only do this as a group. We must get together on the dates. First window of opportunity is mid to late April. We have to have groups larger than ten or they will not put this together. With a group established, we will decide on the final dates. You know how hard it is to get a group of jumpers on the same page, right? With a group of ten+ we will put the entire trip together. Our experienced travel agent (friend's wife) will get us a discount on everything. They know everyone in Jamaica. Ya mon!

We have a 182 and two Islanders (10 place) available.

We can choose to utilize our private tour bus (20 seats) with tour guide/historian/security guard if we like. It would be a shame not to see all of Jamaica. As much fun as an all inclusive resort can be, you don't get to experience the rest of JA.

Our biggest challenge we may ever face as skydivers is getting a group together on something.

Nobody has to go, and if they go they do not have to jump. Only the qualified can jump.

If your group is smaller then ten, we just need to get our groups together on a set of dates and combine them.

Do you want to know more?

By the way, to get the best out of this opportunity, you will want to have no plans so we can plan the whole thing from the beginning. Our guys take care of everything. This gets and keeps our group together with the most cost effective plan. We get group discounts.:o

Have a great day!

my friend and i might be interested. we live in PR so the flight is nice and short.. and jamaica is perfect for us.... all i need to know is waht the $$$$$$$$ is looking like... i am going to our boogien next month and have to save up for WFFC... so let me know.
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Hi

What will it cost?

We don't know yet. In the past, just the jumps were from $30.00 each to $1,000.00 each US. This is why we are trying to get better organized. We are working on a website with all the details of the April trip. By the January deadline, we hope to know how many are going. Then we will get the final costs together.

What are your qualifications to jump near open water?

We hope this info helps.
Have a nice day.

Jason,

These are not guided trips.

We simply need to keep all the jumpers together as much as possible. In the past, collecting jumpers from Immigration, Customs, different resorts and other problems has proven to be too difficult.

We just want your trip to be as cost effective as possible and for you to get in a few jumps.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,
Gcoop

October sounds GREAT! We will try to set a trip up for around the 6th or 7th til the 11th or 12th.

The season changes around mid-December and becomes more expensive. That does not mean we will not go, it just means it will cost much more if we do go. April through November is most cost effective.

This is the perfect time to start preparing for an October trip.

We should mention hurricane season is June through October with September as the leading month for catching the action.

Any one else want to join the October trip?

We can not just plan a trip for anyone, but since we are new we must start somewhere. We are trying for April, June and October.

If you have a group of 10(minimum) qualified jumpers, who can stay together/play together, we can take your group on the dates you wish.:o

We suggest you plan your trip thursday to tuesday for the easiest traveling.

See you in Jamaica!;)

Hi riggerrob,

We jump in Negril. It is a low, marshy, swamp area with tall vegetation and a little airstrip right next to the road outside the resorts. The famous seven mile beach is long and thin. We like to land at the airport(less sand) and consider the sunset beach landing for the accurate canopy pilots.

Want to go yet?

safetydave

Oh, just wait till I tell my husband!!! He's gonna be so happy! Maybe I can surprise him with a trip!

Do you have any suggestions for romantic things to do while in Jamaica (other than skydiving)?

I heard there are some caves that are waiting to be explored. If we were a part of one of your groups, we could venture off on our own and do our own thing most of the time, with the exception of the scheduled jump days, right?

Easy there, We don't want to get too excited.B| Where we jump is nothing like our big open grassy fields we are used to. This is down wind of a mountain right over a marsh just in front of the sea. What a surprise indeed to find out his accuracy is not as good as he hoped.

They tell me there are no crocodiles in the marsh in Negril, but there are crocs on other parts of the island. We would not be surprised to see one:o as we all know crocs are attracted to big birds(parachutes).The winds change a lot also.

There are too many romantic destinations to visit in one sitting or even one trip for that matter. There will be links on our website coming soon.

There are caves waiting to be explored in Jamaica. Check out the websites(search Jamaica caving).

As far as venturing off goes, do realize this is a third world county. Navigating the culture is easy if you know what you are doing. We need you to stay together for us to help you get your jumping in. After the jumping is done, please enjoy Jamaica.B|

We want everyone to get off to the right start, so we hope this helps.

I sure wish there was a way I could make this trip...
I have very fond memories of jumping in Jamaica....in Kingston --right into the front yard of the Jamaica House (Prime Minister's residence) with 2 of my buddies, 1 burnin' 100,000 cubic ft smoke canisters... unannounced and uninvited......Hey not my fault....I didn't do the bad spot--just picked the nicest landing area, how the heck did I know it would cause an International Incident??

Hey Psycoswooper,

I heard you guys were lucky not to have been shot down. Thanks to the helicopter pilot for descending on top of you guys so no shots fired. That was some choice alternate landing area!:o I am glad you all made it out alive. B|

Our plans are to jump in Negril from now on so no worries about them recognizing you.

We also plan to help the newer jumpers with the spotting, since you know alternate landing areas are few and far between.

We plan to make as many trips as possible, so perhaps in the future you could make a trip.

safetydave

Hey Psycoswooper,

I heard you guys were lucky not to have been shot down. Thanks to the helicopter pilot for descending on top of you guys so no shots fired. That was some choice alternate landing area!:o I am glad you all made it out alive. B|

Wow, how did you find that out??? And what else did you hear??:)If you've heard the story, it just gets funnier & funnier with the Helicopter having to land there 3 times...The initial landing.....my explanation of us not being able to get in the helicopter with open canopies, them coming back a second time & only 2 of us being packed,,,and then getting to fly all over Kingston at low level looking for the missing guys...and the topper of all getting to land back into Jamaica House again- this time in the Bell 205 when it landed for the 3rd time. And the whole time, the Pilots worried about the noise waking up the PM. It was my 1000th freefall too :)

We have some good news.
It is looking like the April trip will only cost about $1500.00 per person if we get enough to go. This may increase depending on where we decide to stay and how many decide to go. We would like to keep your total expenses below $2000.00 if we can. The decision where to stay is done in an effort to bring the entire group the best rates. You can not help with this decision. Because this is a group-rated-priced trip, your money is not refundable since we could loose the discount and everyone else would have to pay double the money.

This price includes airfare out of Miami to Jamaica.
This does not include airfare from your home to Miami.
It also includes hotel/resort costs for 6 days and five nites.
It also includes the cost of 8 jumps over two days.
This does not include food or drinks.
You can save $100.00 if you share a room.
If you are with a skydiver and are not jumping this will be cheaper for you.

This price is subject to change.
This price may drop if we get a bigger turn out.:)The January deadline is extended.
We need more people to sign up or we can not go.

Hope this helps.
PM Safetydave to sign up.

HAVE A GREAT DAY;)