JohnnyZ

Closest DZ's to Fort Myers?

I'm going to be down in Fort Myers with my girlfriend December 30th to January 3rd. She wants to do a tandem and I was wondering where the best places are that would be relatively close to Fort Myers. I've only been to Deland and Sebastian (as far as Florida goes), and they are a pretty good hike from the Fort Myers area. Any info will be appreciated.

My sister lives in North Port. When I am visiting her I like to hit a little dropzone in Wachula. It's only a little Cessna dropzone but the people there are top notch and I always have fun when I visit there. You might check it out. Lake Whales isn't that much farther up the road either. I've been to Clewiston twice with mixed emotions. The first time, there was no one there and so the manifest person made a few calls and a local came out and jumped with me. We were the only two on the load in the 206. Thanks guys for getting me in the air. But then the second time I was there I was in manifest with my DZO and his wife and we stood around for 10 minutes in there with three people behind the counter and not one of them made an attempt to say "hi", "can I help you" or even "kiss my ass". So we moved over into the hangar where there had to be 15 jumpers packing and stuff and not one of them asked us even what we were doing there. My DZO was not impressed at all by the way we were ignored. So rather than force ourselves onto a bunch of unfriendlies, we just grabbed our stuff and drove on over to Pahoke where we ended up having a great time jumping the Cross Keys Skyvan and Caravan. I'll visit Clewiston again I'm sure, but I'm not sure if my DZO ever will.

Blues,

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I had heard that. What happened to Skydive SoBe? Seemed like they were making a go of it with JC Perrin and Michelle Germain running the place. It's a beautiful location. I guess Clewiston is so close and so much better established that they get all the business. Anyhow, I don't mean to bad mouth Clewiston, I was just relaying my two experiences there. Like I said. one was a good experience and the other was no experience at all. Perhaps I just hit it on a bad day...

Blues,

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer