dallas121979

DZ near Dallas, TX

Just buttin'in in case no one does and you're checking your thread every 5 minutes;)
There are many options, and Skymama, or Aggiedave will be showing you the light soon...
Welcome to the beautiful insanity that skydiving is...

F/N

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Hey Dallas, I am also new to skydiving and currently in AFF (level 4) at Skydive dallas... of you search for dropzones on this site you will find 2 DZ's near the DFW area but I would recommend SDD as the instructors have been great and so is the atmosphere there....

just my 2 cents...

Depends on what side of DFW you're on and how far you want to drive.

Skydive Dallas is in Whitewright, which is north of McKinney on 121 a ways.

Eagle Flight Skydiving is southwest of Ft. Worth in Granbury.

I'm not sure about SD CowTown's student program or location, so you'd have to call them.

SD Dallas and EF are great DZs with good instructors, you'd probably want to go to both to see which one fits you better (if the drive isn't a problem).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Skydive Cowtown is currently doing Tandem only for students. Scott expects to start a student program, but I imagine it won't be until spring.

Ok, cool, thanks for the update!

Do you know if he's going to offer AFF, SL or both?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Skydive Cowtown is currently doing Tandem only for students. Scott expects to start a student program, but I imagine it won't be until spring.

Ok, cool, thanks for the update!

Do you know if he's going to offer AFF, SL or both?

He mentioned a Tandem/AFF progression of some sort where the student did several working tandems and then progressed to a single jumpmaster AFF. Of course he has all the different ratings, so its really just a matter of what he feels best meets the needs of the student.

Come up and jump with us sometime. He can tell you all of his plans himself. If I know you're coming I'll bring an extra 6 pack of Shiner. All Scott ever has is Keystone.

Well, come on out to Skydive Cowtown and give it a try. Your profile says that you live in Roanoke, so you can almost see the jump plane from your home on a clear day.

It is certainly not a place where you will get tons of jumps in every weekend, but very laid back and easygoing. Always beer at the end of the day and often burgers on the grill.

It is new and the loads often revolve around the tandems as at any small Cessna DZ, but this will change some as the base of experienced jumpers expands. Cowtown currently flys 2 C-182s, so dependent upon pilot availability the experienced jumpers could have a plane to theirselves.

When things are slow at Cowtown, Scott likes to to go roaming. He's been known to load up one of his Cessnas with 3 or 4 jumpers and tour around North Texas jumping into other DZs and/or airports.

Blue Skies

good, the cessna dropzone are "fun" dropzones...
maybe soon i'll get out that way... is that cowtown DZ old skydive texas DZ?

Skydive Cowtown is not Skydive Texas and is about 10 miles to the SW. Skydive Cowtown is run by Scott Moore and his wife Laura. Laura's parents, owned and operated Skydive Texas, however, I would not judge Skydive Cowtown in any way by any opinions you may have had of Skydive Texas.

PM me if you would like more info or call Scott.
Here's a link to their info here on DZ.com
http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/961.shtml

When things are slow at Cowtown, Scott likes to to go roaming. He's been known to load up one of his Cessnas with 3 or 4 jumpers and tour around North Texas jumping into other DZs and/or airports.

Blue Skies

Being new to DZ.com and skydiving all together I can't wait to get my license to go and jump at other dz's, this sounds like it would be a blast cruising around and jumping in new places. thanks for all the info about cowtown freak, i'll be sure to check it out this year.