jguy904

PIA Symposium & Skydive Jacksonville

Skydive Jacksonville will be flying their Super King Air (15,000 ft in 8 min) in addition to the PAC 750XL which will be visiting for the symposium. We fly from Herlong Field which is only 10 miles from the Adams Mark Hotel. Call 1-888-JUMPJAX for additional info.B|

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

A little clarification please. Are there TWO PAC 750XL's that are going to be in the area? One up north, see http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1384775;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread, and one at Herlong? Or is this the same PAC 750XL in two places at once?

Considering I thought there was only one in the U.S. I'm really confused.:S Or are there more now?
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

You jump the gun on this one Jeff. Anyhow, Skydive Palatka (with very nice facilities, best in the Jacksonville area) will have Aerohio's super otter flying from Dec. 26 through the end of January. So here is another viable option (with no just for the weekend event and Winnie always buys lunch for the jumpers at no added cost).
blue skies,

art

:S too. One thread says the PAC750XL will at Skydive St. Mary's, 45 minutes north of JAX in Georgia. The other says it will be at Herlong. I called both dz's and got hold of Patty(JAX DZO) and she said that, it will be there. Never heard from the other DZ.

Well, while ya'll fight over where the PAC 750 will be, we will be jumping the otter, any questions? I also take it, Skydive Jacksonville is reopening for the week, as when I was at Herlong on Saturday, the place was pretty desserted (and their web site is down). Just a first-hand observation.
blue skies,

art

Yeah, I realized that the super bowl was during the keys boogie...not that I'd want to leave there...but I'm sure I could miss a couple days for an event like that!!! I miss seeing you guys and my pussy-cat. Should be around after x-mas though. Came back to ohio this week to 17 degrees. >:( see ya soon. (appletinis when I get there?)

Here are the facts as of today: My original post was based on (and approved by) what I was told by the Jax DZO. The PAC 750XL WILL NOT be at Jax. It WILL be at St. Marys. Jax will, however, have their Super King Air at Jax for part of the symposium as demand dictates. My original post was made in good faith and I apologize for the confusion.

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

The PAC will be at St. Mary's - not too far from the Symposium. It looks like an awesome aircraft. Check it out while it is in the area!

And....if you have time, try to come out to Palatka and jump the Otter - it's a terrific jump plane! We have a fun group of jumpers and lots of camping space (and hot showers) if you don't want to spend the big bucks on hotels in Jacksonville. We are about an hour's drive from the Adam's Mark.

And....if you have time, try to come out to Palatka and jump the Otter - it's a terrific jump plane! We have a fun group of jumpers and lots of camping space (and hot showers) if you don't want to spend the big bucks on hotels in Jacksonville. We are about an hour's drive from the Adam's Mark.

And Winnie makes homemade cookies!;)