moth

best dz in UK????

Yes you are right, that Langar hasn't got that good accommodation and facilities, but for my point of view, I really don't care at all if one Dropzone has got nice bunkhouse, restaurant and other entertainment around.
Skydiving is an adventure.
When I go to Langar I am thinking only if the weather would be ok, and we go to jump.
I mean, this year I always listen that Langar has a new block of toilets and showers in operation and bla-bla-bla I really don't care, for me is like not exist that new block.
Old toilets wasn't bad at all........New ones are fantastic, but then again even if the new block of toilets-showers did not exist, I would still travel to Langar.....
But of course this is what I am care or don’t care and nothing more.
So you are right, the majority of people want nice accommodation-facilities as well.

But that doesn't mean that Langar is not one of the Best Skydiving centers in the world.
Maybe is not one of the Best skydiving business in
the world but is still one of the best skydiving centers.

I will never travel to USA to pay £600 in Air tickets minimum, £££££ in VISA (if I get it? I am Greek)
$$$ in accommodation-rent cars-buses, to just jump from the same altitude as Langar, make the same number of jumps as if I jumped at Langar......and all this because of the facilities or entertainment around the dropzone...NEVER.

I will never travel to USA to pay £600 in Air tickets minimum, £££££ in VISA (if I get it? I am Greek)
$$$ in accommodation-rent cars-buses, to just jump from the same altitude as Langar, make the same number of jumps as if I jumped at Langar......and all this because of the facilities or entertainment around the dropzone...NEVER.

So do you only jump in the UK?
The US is great for jumping and there are alot of very very good Skydivers out there that you will learn a hell of alot from, If you want to that is,

Have you been to many other UK Dropzones?
There are 25 in the UK, i have jumped at 11 of them and they all have their good points, There's no way you can say that one Dropzone is the best,
I like Weston because it's where i did my first jump, my AFF and where i've been ever since, but i like Hibaldstows Altitude and parties, Cark's view, Langars Boogies, Headcorns Lion pit and so on....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

But that doesn't mean that Langar is not one of the Best Skydiving centers in the world.
Maybe is not one of the Best skydiving business in
the world but is still one of the best skydiving centers.

Well you can not say that it is one of the best dropzones in THE WORLD if you do not have a clue about other dropzones.

Langar is my fav in uk but is about a 3 out of 10 in my opinion.
I have not been to a dropzone in the uk that is more than a 3.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

bro have you ever jumped in the uk???? NO NO NO you havent but your off to the worlds so the uk is no interest to you is it? nah but seriously bro its not that bad and i agree with one of your comments that yes they have to many rules but it is like everywhere if you stay out of the politics then you stay pretty much away from the rules hahaha and i also agree with someone who has posted after you that hibaldstow has the best parties bro it is for sure anyway i am over here just for august to compete in the freefly nationals and it will be great but as you know rhys i was here last year and i will stress again that the rules are FUCKEN bollocks and i cant agree with you either that the cost of being a member of the federation HAHAHAHAHAHAHA is a fucken joke to but bro the planes are dope the altitude is dope and the people are really dope man its not that bad really but i stress the weather is a fucken nightmare but it is everywhere really unless you are in spain etc i remember you posting about norway or wherever you are that the weather was crap when you got there and i know you know that nz can be the same anyway im drunk and only posting this for fun cause i have never posted in the year and a bit that we have been apart but love you cunt

lee

If you do ever change your mind about going to the states, and manage to sort a visa, personally I have not paid more than £300 on a return airfare (joys of internet searches and booking a bit ahead of time), and the jump tickets are cheaper, and the turnaround is usually better (I have only been to Perris, Elsinore and Eloy).

Also I usually stay in a tent which is free and you don't have to hire a car, just organise airport pickup.

I only go in the winter when the weather is bad in the uk and europe, but I get a lot out of it and would highly recommend it.

Lx

If you have been to Langar only for boogies or to other dropzones again only for Boogies, or one weekend or one week then you can not speak either for any dropzone because you haven't got a clue for any dropzone.

And i haven't got any connection with Onasis Family, to travel around the world.
But for this is this Forum and we can read the reviews
from other peoples, especially thoose who used to jump for many years in the same dropzone, and have a good understanding of the operation.

And I forget the grass is cut off in all landing area on Langar, but maybe the one weekend per year you have been to Langar was uncut.
And you are right about accommodation and food, is crap and worst than HILTON.....so you are right 3 out of 10 because one good dropzone must have first cut grass and after good facilities!!!

As for U.S dropzones, I didn't say that the skydivers in U.S are bad, but if one day I get the 50% in one only discipline e.g. FS from any FS coach at Langar then I'll be very happy, not need to travel to U.S and pay for the Coaching as well.

AND THIS TOPIC, was opened from someone to ask which is the best dropzone in U.k? and this Dropzone is Langar by far.

The best that they can do the other skydiving centers in U.K is just copy the operation attitude of Langar.

AND THIS TOPIC, was opened from someone to ask which is the best dropzone in U.k? and this Dropzone is Langar by far.

The best that they can do the other skydiving centers in U.K is just copy the operation attitude of Langar

Hibaldstow
Block of 10 jump tickets : £180
Exit altitude : minimum '14 500

Langar
Block of 10 jump tickets : £190
Exit altitude : minimum '13 000

From personal experience over the last 4 years I know for a fact that I can make between 7 and 9 jumps a day on a good weather day at Hib. The people are sound, the parties are great.

Could you please elaborate on why you feel Langar is the best dropzone in the UK. Could you also please tell me if you have ever jumped at Hib. Like someone else said, various dropzones are 'best' for various reasons. By insisting your flavour of Kool aid is the 'best' you end up looking a bit sad and pathetic.

If you have been to Langar only for boogies or to other dropzones again only for Boogies, or one weekend or one week then you can not speak either for any dropzone because you haven't got a clue for any dropzone.

Well that is not the case.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Why Langar is the Best dropzone in U.K, I explain it in my first post in this topic, for Moth who asked.

Now to your questions :

1) Jump altitude at Langar usually is 13500ft to 14,000ft. Sometimes is 14,500ft or 13,000ft and in the last lift of the day, midweek if they are 7-9 jumpers in the Caravan, we have seen exit altitude of 17,000ft!!!!
So really nobody cares about the much advertise 15,000ft exit altitude at Hib, personally I don't care at all for the extra 500-1000ft (???) I am quite happy with the exit altitude at Langar as everybody.

2) Moth lives at London so He will pay extra £20 in fuel to go and come back at Hib than Langar, if he has a car? otherwise with Bus would be a nightmare.

Even if he was living in the same distance, he must pay £20 per night in bunkhouse when in Langar is only £5.

The weather in Hib is most of the times worst than Langar, especially very high winds, so the change to jump at Langar is much higher.

An experienced jumper with his own kit can do 10-15 jumps per day at Langar if he has the money, and there are few people in the dropzone.

So the difference in jump ticket price is absolute 0.
A trip in Langar will cost to everybody much less than Hib and he'll make more jumps from the same practically altitude.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, and YES you are right I end up Looking a bit sad and pathetic, because I just give advice to one Jumper who wants to avoid the London Tandem Factories, and because I am still impreseed with Langar and British skydivers who jump there, 1,5 month before I live this country for ever ( And really I don't care that much If you go to jump at Langar, or Hib or in USA.....).

OO and I forget, I never jumped at Hib and I will never jump, because personally (because you Asked me) I am not interest for any reason to Jump at Hib.

I have friends who had jumped at various (famous) places in Europe and USA and I had read all the reviews in this Forum.

The only place I would like to Jump except Langar and Megara Dropzone (in Greece) is Aerograd Kolomna ( in Russia) and maybe some jumps at Cyprus.

So maybe a good FIRST step for Bigway is to learn read and understand his native language, because what I said in my previous post is that Langar is one of the best Skydiving Centers in the world, not the best, and nobody knows which the best is??

Langar in U.K is by far the Best, and I will not explain it third time (only with facts not personal interest), everybody knows that Langar is the best center in U.K, no matter that skydivers out there would not like to speak in this forum (for their reason…).

There are two centers in France GAP and Lapalisse and one or two in Spain + Aerograd at Russia, then other 5 centers in USA (Deland, Perris, ZPhills etc).

I have friends that jump everywhere+ I have read all the reviews from other peoples in this forum……… and they are all brilliant places, then again personally I can only jump regularly at Langar because this is cost effective for me, and I love the place and the people ( but these facts are totally personal).
I would never pay £700+ VISA to go from Greece (Athens) to Los Angeles or Florida and after try to find a mode to reach one of these skydiving centers or lose two days from my holidays to just Travel with the airplanes.

And is not need for somebody to travel first to all these places and after express his/her opinion.
Except if all these reviews and the forum is just crap, then we must stop speaking until we travel everywhere!!!!

And rich people like Bigway who had travel around all the dropzones of the earth, and Langar as well is still so fucking clever that he believes that the grass in Langar is uncut!!!!MUHAHAHA hope in your next trip to Langar you’ll be more lucky dear Bigway and find the Landing area with cut grass, we’ll arrange delivery food from Hilton especially for you!!!

By the way dear Bigway, I have jumped to 6 different Dropzones, but the 5 of them was when I was in the Army, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NICE TIMES free jumptickets, and what airplanes! C-130 Hercules big birds with 4 turboprops 19600 shp and Chinook helicopters, but the jump altitude was crap 900-1200ft and in exercises 500ft!!!!

My first real Skydive was at Langar the best skydiving center in U.K and one of the best in the world and the people at Langar learned me to Skydive properly (after a lot of effort) ………and I am so fucking happy because when I first went to Langar I did not Know that was the Best Skydiving center in U.K………..I was very lucky.

Langar is my fav dropzone in the UK, however i have not been to HIB.

BTW, it is not expensive to travel to the states to jump. It also does not take a rich person to do it.

With all your stupid sarcasim do you really think you should be representing a good dropzone in the uk as with the way you are coming across i imagine you are turning people away from visiting Langar as they would get the wrong impression and start to think that there will be more people at that dropzone that are pig headed when in fact there is not.

Langar does not match up to any of the first class dropzones in the world however it is one of the better dropzones in the UK with good people, good vibes and good aircraft.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

No I am not represent Langar here, NO WAY....
I only represent myself and my opinion.

This is the reason, that I am speaking for Langar now, at the end, because I am leaving because otherwise people out there would think that I am just advertising.....No WAY dear clever Bigway.

I am just a Langar jumper from many and nothing more, and I haven't got any special friendship with any of the Langar friendly staff.

So I am afraid you are right for another more time!!!!!
And I am still thinking why I must support and speak about British Skydiving scene??? when the native people of this country they try to find any opportunity, to travel abroad and jump at Spain, USA, France etc.....

But then again I can say only the truth, and this is
that Langar is by far the best dropzone in U.K and one of the best of the world.

This is for the aviation part Aircrafts, kit store, skydiving shop, Pilots, Packers, Riggers and some of the Best Instructors and FS-FF coach-organizers in the world.

From the non aviation part of Langar, personally I really don't care.

Langar skydiving center and the Bedford tunnel put the British skydiving one level up.

Hope with your clever sarcasm, send many British skydivers and student parachutist to USA, SPAIN, FRANCE etc skydiving centers for NO REASON.

Best DZ in the UK - a bit of a silly question aint i t- it all depends on what the person wants - if someone prefers to do one or two a day at a smaller close kint rather than 10 at a huge commercial centre... then that to him would be better and vice versa.

Personally ive only ever jumped at UK parachuting... and it ha sbeen very good - is it better than the rest i dunno cos ive never jumped anywhere else yet.

However I was v impressed with langar;s customer service and getting there for the boogie 2 i think. Ir ang them once and they know what customer service is about even though im not doing expsneive training there.

Even if he was living in the same distance, he must pay £20 per night in bunkhouse when in Langar is only £5.

The bunkhouse at Hib is £4 per night for the room with 6 beds, £5 per night for rooms with 4 beds.

I've jumped at 6 UK dropzones (inc. Langar), I prefer Hib but have had great times at all the others. You've only jumped at Langar yet insist it is the best dropzone in the country. Do you understand why your objectivity is being questioned?

I can't understand why you continue to compare Hib with Langar:

10 bunk rooms with 4 single beds - £20 per night total
--- 3 bunk rooms with 1 double and 2 singles - £20 per night total
--- 1 bunk room with 6 beds - £4 per bed paid individually

Those are the prices for bunkhouse in Hib.

In Langar there is a bunkhouse room with 20+ beds who everyone can sleep without pay, then there are 6 Bunkhouse rooms with 4 or 6 beds who we used to pay £5 per night.
Now we don't pay absolute nothing except if there is a boogie and there is high demand from people to book these rooms.

I had two friends when I lived at Coventry, who used to jump at Hib.
The D-28 is practically operational only the weekends, and midweek they have been times who nobody was at the dropzone!!!! no pilots, no instructors and the weather was perfect!!!!

Stop compared Hib with Langar, Langar is by far the best dropzone in UK and everybody knows it, for this is the by far the busiest.

No matter that you have jump in 6 different dropzones at UK, Bigway has jumped in 100 dropzones around the world and Langar as well, and he still believes that the grass at Langar is uncut!!!!!
Your objectivity is very questionable, enjoy the parties at Hib!

The "best" DZ in the UK is the one where your mates are at - the guys/gals you jump with. Solos get boring quickly... even if you only get 4 in during the weekend, 4 good, quality ones are far better than 8 solos.

Each DZ has its own positives and negatives.

I actually get quite tired of hearing others slag off dropzones they've never jumped at (or maybe had a bad experience at years ago when they turned up without BPA membership, an out-of-date reserve, too-small-a-canopy with an "attitude" to match and wondered why they got a less than welcoming reception).

My "home" DZ is Headcorn; I learnt there. It p155es me off from time-to-time, but you'll find everyone has something they hate about their DZ. I've done some good jumps there, and received helpful advice. It does have a Let410. If you're into 4-way there's far worse. I like Weston quite a bit - again I know people - and occasionally drop in on Sibson, which seems to be where most of the freeflyers hang out - the ones that don't make it up to Hibs that is. ;)

I'd go to Black Knights for scenery and hospitality (if it wasn't so far from my house!) Maybe I'll even get to jump at Langar.

Whatever floats your boat.

[wingsuit training available at selected dz's]

That is all. ;)
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Does anyone else think this thread has got pretty funny??

Lok - sorry but you're making me laugh. There are lots of posters on this thread who know FROM EXPERIENCE what they are talking about, yet you continue to ignore them??
Never try to eat more than you can lift