yeehah

looking for a recommended DZ for AFF in Europe

Hi. Just done my 1st Tandam & I'm hooked, in fact as soon as I/we jumped, it was as if I had finally found the anaesthetic for the itch that I have been scratching all my life, so much that I have decided to sell my Valkyrie (motorbike) and use the funds to get qualified and join the gang.

I want to go on an intensive AFF course but its September & I am in the UK (South East; nearest DZ is Headcorn; nuff said!) so the weather is unpredictable (& the UK AFF costs are very high too!) so have decided to travel abroad for the course. I have looked at the European options and fancy Spain as the weather is top; they speak English and the entire trip incl. travel & accommodation can be had for the same cost as just the AFF course itself in the UK, I have looked at the reviews of DZ's and like the feel of Lillo or Empuriabrava.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with personal experience?? I have the money & the time away from work when I need it, preferably in the next three weeks. I would expect to initially spend between 7 & 10 days dedicated to this at first, am I being realistic?

I already hear the calling of freestyle and sky surfing, although I am in no rush to get silly and am humble about the fact that it will take considerable learning, time and experience to get to that stage, all the same this is where I am looking regarding long term aims.

Thanx in advance for your help, Blue Skies!

P.S. I tried to keep it short, honest!

I have looked at the reviews of DZ's and like the feel of Lillo or Empuriabrava.

Sooo... youjust hit the right spot.
I don't know Lillo, but it seems nice.
Empuriabrava is for sure a very good option.

Congrats for your tandem and hope you'll be up there soon again, under the spanish sun.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Congrats on your new addiction !!
Been a while since I've been there, but Empuriabrava has always had super high quality AFF Instruction, excellent well-maintained equipment, great facilities, and very memorable parties...
I don't think you would be disappointed there....Tell Ivan & Peter that Cindy says "HI"

I did AFF with the Freefall University at the Lillo dropzone. Their professionalism and attidude was outstanding, with a strong emphasis on safety and fun. Like yourself I heard good things about Empuria and made a trip there to do some relative work. High winds prevented me from jumping at all so I made my way to Lillo where the wind wasn't a problem. Lillo,as I understand it, suffers a lot less from high winds, an especially important consideration for a student. Overall I'd advise you go with the Free Fall University at Lillo. Have a blast!
:)

I just noticed your post and thought I'd give you some advice, if you have already booked up and decided where you're going then good luck with the course.

My boyfriend has recently done his AFF with Scotty Milne and I'm very jealous of the instruction he received! He is an excellent canopy pilot, packer and all round skydiver......I, on the other hand...still need lots of help with all of those things!!! I would higly recommend Scotty as he will teach you everything you need to know about skydiving, will take you to any dropzone (Empuriabrava is very good!!) and is a friend as well as an instructor. If you want more info his website is: www.activeskydiving.co.uk.

Good Luck!
**Moggie Gifts**

Skydive Spain , just outside of Seville Spain.
BPA affiliated dropzone run by Brits who have a massive amount of experience across all areas of skydiving from tuition to rigging.
Nice size DZ and very personal tuition and attention.
They will be out with you every evening and are totally dedicated to getting you through what you came there to achieve.
Cant fault em....and have been back for other areas of progression....very competively priced as well ...and close to cheap airports.
Hey...1 year in the sport...AFF..Cat 8....Cat 10...FS1 and FF1....thanks to these guys... !!
with a name like 'skydivespain' you wont have to search too hard on the web for the website ;)

body fly university is a very nice DZ in Reggio Emilia, Italy (140 km from milano).
they speak English, they have good airplanes and they work all week long.
bunk house is free of charge.
the weather is great. no wind problems like in other places.
you can call them and ask for Catia or Marco for more info
www.bfu.it
have fun and jump safe

Gotta second that Lillo recommendation. I did mine in Zhills but Dave works in Lillo now and he's one awesome AFFI. He's got some good flights sorted and the total cost of the trip will end up probably being as cheap as just the cost of the jumps in the UK.. and its warm to boot. He's totally dedicated to AFF. He doesn't do tandems etc, etc. so you get AFF 100%.

Good luck!!

Adam.

Hi - lucky you, you're in for a treat!
SkydiveSpain is the obvious brilliant solution - we did our AFF week long training with them in July as complete beginners. We reserahced extensively places to fo including the US, looking for good value, safety and fun. SkydiveSpain are brilliant - it's british-run and the team are the guys who do the Bond film stunts, and all the instructors have the perfect blend of 100% professionalism and also massively good fun and up for a few beers after a hard day's flying through the sunny blue skies! AND as if that isn't all perfect enough, there is a swimming pool at the dz for cooling off in. We went as a group of 9 for a twin 30th birthday extravaganza, which was a huge success. They can also cater for smaller groups or people on their own, and they can suggest places to stay in the local area too. (We stayed at www.dosolivos.com which was fabulous).
7 to 10 days is easily enough time to for you complete the course, and after that the guys at SkydiveSpain can point you towards all the next steps and how to keep progressing, they also have loads of contacts with UK DZs too so can put you straight in touch with nice people.
They're located just outside Seville in Andalucia - so as you freefall you can see the sea, the olive groves, mountains... beat that!
I, and the whole group I was with, honestly can't recommend them enough and if I were you I'd get on the phone to Iberia / lastminute.com and book your flight right away! Best people to contact at SkydiveSpain are Allan Hewitt or Jonno Horn, all their contact details are at www.skydivespain.com.
(Sorry about the long reply!)

Myself and 9 friends completed an awesome AFF course for our 30th Birthday's... with Skydive Spain www.skydivespain.com - a British Run operation near Seville.

All I can say is they were extremely professional... but also great fun! We had a fantastic week! perfect weather every day and good value too. You know these guys are the best because they take charge of the skydiving action in the James Bond Movies! (also cheap flights to Seville or Jerez and cheap, quality local accom. happy flying!

Thanks all for such a response & your best wishes, what a great community! :)
I look forward to meeting you throughout the coming times and would be honoured to jump with you all ;) having looked more into depth into your advice and taking my own wants & needs into account I’ve selected the Lillo/ Freefall University and I’m gonna have a Blast. Check out the site at: www.freefalluniversity.co.uk

I’ll post an update when I’m back; Blue n’ clear Skies & soft-Happy Landings to you all, Yeehah....