Frenchy68

Skydiving in China

Anyone knows of dropzones in Mainland China? More specifically near Shanghai? I may be stuck there for a bit.
(Somehow not expecting this thread to catch fire...);)

Nick

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I've worked this problem for a year without success, and I have some interesting contacts on the mainland. Please post your results, I travel to China periodically and wish to jump there as well.

I will. I just can't believe that there isn't a (public) DZ there. There's probably 1/2 a million paratroopers ready to land in Taiwan. WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM ONCE THEY ARE RELEASED INTO CIVILIAN LIFE??? I know that some of the newer bldg have been jumped (legally and ...). But what about a small, single DZ, PLEASE...;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I don't know where they jump but I know they do. I believe back in the 80's they were very competitive in CRW. Their team had a rotation world record of 22 rotations in one round. Back then that was unheard of. If anyone in this thread is successful in finding an "in" on skydiving in China I am also interested.

I'm interested if anyone knows of any places.

My GF is Chinese and doesn't know of any places nearby.

the only place listed here in the DZ section is the Club just outside Bejing/Peking... thats over 540 miles away for me...
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

When I was there Sept 2011-Dec 2011, there were no civilian DZs. There are occasional exhibitions and invitational events, but no where to fun jump regularly. And that's in the whole country! I was living in Beijing and a few years back (2006-8?) there was a DZ, but it's closed.