crwmike

Richmond ('THE') Boogie

Going to THE Boogie this year with the CRWDogs.

Never been before and would appreciate info on the physical layout, elevation, general attitude and feel of the place, registration, manifesting ...anything really. What about beer-thirty happenings?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

It's my home DZ and I've been to the boogie twice. Here are my thoughts on it:

Physical layout: It is on something like 600 acres with 2 runways (used to be 3). Outside of the airport, almost everywhere is an out. Watch out though, because the corn is HIGH this year. But there are not many trees around.

Elevation: 1140'

General attitude and feel: To me, it is a very layed back place. If you want to jump hard and heavy, you can definetely do that. My wife and I like to keep our weekends leisurely, so we don't jump hardcore, but than there are others who will make over 10 jumps per day at the boogie. It totally depends on what you want to do. Also, there are always locals that come out to watch, there are food carts (fair type) and then manufactorers in the hanger. It's a great place for pretty much everyone.

Beer: I think the beer is included.

Have a good time!!!

Brandon
http://www.brandonandlaura.com