atsaubrey

Who's going to the CouchFreaks Boogie??

I heard about the shower thing and that is probably the biggerst reason I wanted to go:P

I guess I'm going to have to talk either Nightjumps, Rehmwa or Sparky into going, and guarding the shower doors:P
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

hi aubrey,

good to hear you're going to make it to the boogie! I will be there for sure. i usually end up working in the registration area on thursday and friday, so if you're wondering who i am just ask around for bill-o and someone will point me out. i'm pretty fast too, so we'll have to get a speed dive going or maybe lay a base for something big. :)
freeflyswc - yes, the boogie does conflict with the richmond weekend, but if you come you shouldn't be disappointed! B|

amazon - what do you have against corn? what about corn-fed? come to the boogie and you'll eat well! :P

b

amazon - what do you have against corn? what about corn-fed? come to the boogie and you'll eat well!

Dahrlin.. I always eat well. My issue is if I am on loads I am not spotting ... invariably someone will spot the loads so I will have to land in that dayum Corn.. Happened in Ohio.. Happened at the Richmond Boogie.. years ago.. 9 of 10 jumps.. in the corn..DC-3.. Lodestar.. didnt matter..and talking a sqaure into that stuff.. when its 8 ft high.. leaves like knives... the tops cut off so you have spikes... then the big ears beating you.. nah.. I will pass..

Good places for Boogies.. Deserts(Eloy)...BIG cow pastures(LP) Semi Arid fallow farm land( Perris) Old bulldozed off runways with huge open field(Byron)

All good places to land.. Boogies surrounded by CORN.. nope.. aint goin there.

All good places to land.. Boogies surrounded by CORN.. nope.. aint goin there.

LOL Too funny!!!:D guess i never thought much of the corn since the dz i trained at had corn surrounding it, and i had my first encounter with the corn while still on AFF. last year at the boogie we really lucked out - most of the surrounding fields were beans except for corn in one of the south offs. you either get tripped by the beans or whacked by the corn, depending on preference!

i've only landed off at the boogie a time or two, and when i did it would most often be because of a large rw group taking forever on climbout and exit. usually once the SD AZ pilots dial the spot in after the first load, we are good to go the rest of the day!B|

my furthest off landing at the boogie ever was at the ft. dodge high school football stadium, which just happened to be the only clear opening for my CRW load to land. football practice was underway in the adjacent field, and the coach was nice enough to put us all in the back of his pickup and drive us back to the airport! :)
b

Yeah, Amazon has some issues with corn, most definately...I've heard it in persone on a couple of occasions when I mention being from KS originally hahaha.

Anyway, I'm flying into Des Moines Thursday at 5, but unfortunately have to fly out Sunday evening due to flights being very booked up.

Austin