AggieDave

Skyfest!

No one has posted about it, everyone needs to know about it, here's all the information!

If you go to a boogie in July, this is the one to be at, hands down!

Hello SkyFest supporters!

This is an update on the exciting developments for the infamous SkyFest ’04. As you know, SkyFest is in Motion to Skydive Spaceland July 15-18 (www.skydivespaceland.com). Yes, that’s right, due to popular demand; SkyFest starts on Thursday the 15th!

Remember what this SkyFest is about, YOU!
SkyFest about having a great time and at the same time, promote the sport through education, training, and overall your skydiving experiences. This is not just a regular skydiving boogie, “SkyFest has something for everyone”!

The “Fest Fleet” consists of; Powered Parachute, Skyvan, 2 Supper Otters, Helicopter, and a 6 Passenger Hot Air Balloon.

Take a ride on Powered Parachute via. “Instructional Flight” or add it to your list of aircrafts in your log book! The Reigning World Champion for Aerial Ballet Steve Sprague www.flyachute.com will be on hand for rides and an Aerobatic Show of his Powered Parachute. Have you ever seen a Powered Parachute do a barrel roll? If you choose to take an “Instructional Flight”, reserve your slot now at www.skyfestboogie.com

Higher Altitude Jumps for less money! Jump from 21,000’ for only $38.00! These will be morning dives only, so you will need to reserve your slot now by signing up at website.

6 Passenger Hot Air Balloon Jumps, for less money! These jumps will be at the low price of $69.00. Rides will also be available for non jumpers. B License is required for balloon jumps. Reserve your slot by signing up now.

Attention competitive RW fliers!
Gary Beyer (Arizona Airspeed) will be available for 4 and 8-Way coaching on Thursday and Sunday only. The rate for half day coaching is $175.00 per team. This allows for only three teams to sign up. We must have your commitment by July 8. Sign up website or [email protected]

SCR/SCS and other awards will begin on Thursday and end on Saturday at 1:00pm. The current record for The World Record for the Largest SCR Ceremony is 24 maggots (set by SkyFest last year). Be a part of skydiving history and tradition and get your awards at SkyFest. Saturday evening, come out and enjoy the unique SCR ceremony and the firework display.

Seven Manufacturers will be attending SkyFest this year with their Demo’s for you to try. They include: Performance Designs, Relative Workshop, Sunpath, Wings, Hiper, Single-Helix, and Red Bull.

Relative Workshop will have a rig available for you to test out the SKYHOOK. Come do an intentional cutaway and see how fast the Skyhook can save your life. Sign up now to “reserve” your “cutaway” . Send an email to [email protected].

Over $25,000 worth of prizes to give away! We have out done ourselves this year, it is incredible. Some of these include: $1,100.00 of Free SDU coaching jumps, 6 custom SkyFest Altimeters, 4 Audible altimeters, 1 Hour of Free Skyventure Tunnel Time, 5 50% off containers, 5 Free Days of Skydiving, and so much more that you will have to go to the site and check out the list of prizes page for all of them.

Ladies here is your chance! Come be a part of a tradition and get your TeXXas 20-Way Pink Patch, and use this for the Women’s Texas State Record practice dives. Pink Mafia will be on hand to initiate you into the Pink Mafia Sisterhood (PMS). For more information about the “ladies of the sky” organization, go to www.pinkmafia.com.

World Record Second Generation Skydives. Currently, we have fifteen Second Generation Skydivers committed to making this record. If you know second genes, please let them know about this exciting opportunity.

The Jerry Schrimsher Memorial Boogie (JSM Boogie) is now available on DVD. You can purchase the DVD at a reduced rate at SkyFest. Never seen Bonus Footage has been added to the DVD. The JSM DVD is 1 hour and 13 minutes of exciting pioneer skydives dating back to 1966 and video the JSM boogie 2001. If you participated at the JSM Boogie in 2001, chances are, you are in it. You can also order yours today by e-mailing; [email protected]

Hotels We have made a deal with the Best Value 979-849-2465 in Angleton. 1-Bed $46.00 2-bed $51.00
You must mention SkyFest to get these prices. They are going quick so make your reservation now.

Once again The Schrimsher Family would like to thank you for your past and future support of SkyFest and the Jerry Schrimsher Skydiving Scholarship Fund (JSF).
Hope to see you there!

Blue Skies
The Schrimsher Family
www.skyfestboogie.com

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

my ass will be there.

I hope more of you will be there, since I'd like for my fiance to get to jump with the rest of the chicks...your ass alone might be just a bit floaty in the air.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ladies here is your chance! Come be a part of a tradition and get your TeXXas 20-Way Pink Patch, and use this for the Women’s Texas State Record practice dives.

For moreinformation on the Pink Patch Dives :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Darn this is frustrating. I wanted to be there but the USPA BOD meeting is that weekend. I'll miss seeing everyong and the Schrimshers too!

Mike Turoff
(Can anyone offer me a clone so that I can be in both places at once?)

Ok Mike I have a solution, the BOD and SkyFest have conflicted for the past four years, have you been to the last three meetings? Well then there you go.
Tell them you have a great story to cover or something? I know, my mother is presenting me with my 20 cert. w/ USPA and she receives her forty year (shhh, don't let her know I told everyone)

Well since I just spent my first weekend at Spaceland this past 4th of July...AND LOVED THE PLACE, I'm gonna see if my guy wants to skip his official swoopy thing and come swoop Spacelands cool little pond :P

I had a really great time this weekend despite it being a bit slower than norm (or so I'm told) but the people were great, the planes were flying (I was a lucky girl and got to sit next to Anomaly boys almost every load:), the facility was awesome (loved that AC packing - holy cow did I love it

It was just a great place and if I don't make it for Skyfest, I will for sure be back some time soon. Thanks to all.....ok - back to your regularly scheduled Skyvest chat.......

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Well since I just spent my first weekend at Spaceland this past 4th of July...AND LOVED THE PLACE, I'm gonna see if my guy wants to skip his official swoopy thing and come swoop Spacelands cool little pond :P

I thought I read a "First" ! You can bring the beer when you come back. lol
It would be fantastic to have you at SF04 I am making the trip from Florida as well.
If you get a chance go to www.skyfestboogie.com
I think I met you at Sebastian last October, I was there with a group of Dallas folk.
Blue skies to you.
Glad you had fun in Spaceland!

It was such a blast last year! All the organized fun jumps that Brett and Shayne put together - awesome! The SCR ceremony - I get to pour this year!! Jim - you better watch it!
This is THE boogie to go to. So much going on, such great prizes, and the crowd just can't be beat!
Hope to see you all there!

-------------------------
"If you've never jumped out of a plane, the best way I can describe it is it feels as if you've just jumped out of a freakin' plane."
David Whitley (Orlando Sentinel)

I am looking forward to a fun weekend. I have heard nothing but good stuff about skyfest. One more day....WAHOOOOOOOOOOO.

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227