Austin

Kapowsin this weekend?

Not me.. I will be up in Snohomish, it is the Seattle Skydivers WANNA BE Day.. the newbies get to pick from various disciplines and work with experienced jumpers on varying skills.. canopy control Freefly belly etc..... we have the Caravan..from Kapow and it will be a fun weekend

The event is at Snohomish.. just head up I 405 from Renton to SR 522 take that to the end at Monroe.. go West on US2 to Snohomish about 5 miles.. and get off at 88th st exit. Go left it leads you to Downtown Snohomish.. go to Ave D turn left cross the river and Harvey Field is on the right. the DZ is back behind the Buzz Inn...its an all weekend thing.

Its not just about the students but low time jumpers with the experienced people helping them up thier skill levels in all aspects. It should be fun for all people. Lots of fun dives... freefly coaching.. Belly coaching.. Canopy control... its the OTHER DZ in the area.and is probably about the same distance for you either way.

P.S. lots more DZ.Com posters at Snohomish it seems. although there are some at Kapowsin. Lurkers abound at both DZ though. you really need to check out both DZ

Welcome to the area, Austin. Come on up to Snohomish. Like Jeanne said, if the weather gets a little sketchy, it's the place to be. Hell, it's the place to be period.:P Renton is equidistant from both places, and depending on the time and events, the commutes on 405 and 167 can suck hardcore.

Both places ae fun!! I will be at Snohmish on Sat for the "Gonna Be Day" and hope the weather will cooperate.

As was noted:
From Microsoft Streets

Renton to Harvey Field (Snohomish) Summary: 32.3 miles (43 minutes)
----OR-----
Renton to Kapowsin Summary: 39.8 miles (57 minutes)

About the same time depending on traffic...

Both places are fun and welcome to the area

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"