wisdom62

Looking for DZ's near Okinawa Japan

I'm getting shipped off to Okinawa Japan in a couple of months for my last year in the Marines. Looking for DZ's near there, even if they are a Country near by. I'll have to do some country hopping to get my skyiving in, but thats what you do for the love of the sport. Thanks for your help

I left Okinawa in 1989.......so this is REALLY old info.....at one time there was a USMC/Interservice sport parachute club but we only got to jump about once or twice a year during airshows at Kadena with military airlift....after I left someone finally got permission to jump regularly at one of the out islands, at least for a while.....there was also a so so active club at Clark AB Phillipines....well, there is no more Clark AB but I understand the jump activity is still there......I've heard the Tokyo skydiving is so expensive it is beyond most of our budgets.....I know this info has all been useless, but, well, I just had to add it!!

Bealio

There aren't any on that island. There's one near Tokyo that I did several jumps at while stationed on the main land. Take up scuba diving, I hear it's wonderful there.

+1

I had a choice when I went to Okinawa in 1999 whether to keep flying or learn to SCUBA. I chose the latter, and am glad I did! Of course, you'll be spoiled for pretty much any other dive destination the rest of your life. Okinawa has a huge variety for SCUBA -- depth, access (shore or boat), what to see (flora or fauna). Just something to consider!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!