pyke

Keys Boogie...WHEN IS IT??

Have looked through the SDSebastian website/calendar...have looked through the dz.com calendar - but CAN'T FIND IT!:(

Want to put it on my calendar...cause it's in the summer plan this year!!B|

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

An application has been submitted for the 1st weekend of November with the second weekend as an alternate date. It's in the works...
By the way, it is true that Wendy did a great job running manifest and assisting me with the boogie.
B|

OK, I'm not real happy about this. We do not have a solid date yet. The Keys Boogie has been a Skydive Sebastian event for a number of year now. There seems to be some confusion going on at the moment because one of the Sebastian staff who has left the company is trying to run their own event there. Any dz can run an event there - they just have to take the time to set it up.

Historically the first or second week in November has belonged to Skydive Sebastian - that is trying to be usurped at this moment. That is not very nice - they should pick their own dates to start a new Keys Boogie - so if you are asking about the annual SKYDIVE SEBASTIAN KEYS BOOGIE - as soon as we get it sorted out we will let you know when that event is.

I wanted to ensure that there WOULD be a Keys boogie this year. The dates are reserved so the airport does not schedule other events, Skydive Sebastian can run their Keys Boogies on those dates.
After I left Skydive Sebastian and until recently, I was under the impression that you were going to be a part of our new endeavor.
Now that you have opted to stay at Sebastian, you are saying that you are "not real happy about this". Why didn't you just call me? Try to make look like an
asshole is just not necessary. I always treated you with respect and appreciation for your talent and dedication, posting something like this without knowing all the facts really surprises me.

Whoa! I didn't call you any names nor try to make you look bad. I was just saying that this is not Skydive Sebastian and we are disappointed that you would take those dates. Anyone is welcome to run an event there and the more the merrier.

Don't be so hostile. You have always been very respectful and great to work for so don't change now!

No change here, I am who I am.
Just disappointment.
To make matters easy, I just called the Marathon officials and ask them to withdrawal the application that had my name associated with it. You have to submit you own. Good luck and I hope you can secure one of the two weekends I had reserved. I don't want miss the fun.

YES, there will be a Skydive Sebastian Keys Boogie in Marathon - barring any unforseeable glitches. The hold up is only on securing the date. It is usually the first or second week in November. I am actually going to down there either next week trying to finalize some details.

The exact date is usually up in the air until all the redtape gets sorted out.

So Yes, there will be a Keys Boogie - plan on coming and as soon as we have the exact dates we will start giving out all the details.

Since you two are friendly, please settle this on the phone or in pm's. :)

I disagree. This is skydiving, not mom dealing with argumentative kids. The tendency of some moderators at dz.com to sweep anything ...unpleasant under the rug degrades what skydiving life has always been about.

Just my $.02 ...before being swept under the rug ;)

Michael

I disagree. This is skydiving, not mom dealing with argumentative kids. The tendency of some moderators at dz.com to sweep anything ...unpleasant under the rug degrades what skydiving life has always been about.

This disagreement was inappropriate for the Events Forum. If you have any more comments, please send me a pm.

I'm glad things have been worked out.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon