stan321123

Are most people at MileHi negative?

If the person posts annon, is it a personal attack?

Yes. Refer to the Forum Rules for more information. If you have any more questions about it, pm me.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have jumped there. All I can say is stay away from Steve, Peter, Ryan and John. Those guys are assholes......

And that dick, Jim, if he ever comes back.

BELLAS!

Edited to add: I almost forgot about Shitbag, if he is still living in his trailer there. If you see any plastic bags on the ground around the dumpster....DONT PICK THEM UP!

Skymama......please see the sarcasm here.

btt.... how does everyone feel now?

I started there in 09 so I can't speak for 2004 but I really really like the new landing rule. Prior to it in just 70 or so jumps I had 2 close calls with people under very fact parachutes and stopped going as much because of the anything goes pattern. I'll be jumping there more because of the "Nothing Bigger than a 90 North of the Pond" rule. Haven't really be out enough this season to see if it is really being enforced but I hope it sticks. I miss a few staff members that have moved on but there's turnover everywhere.

I'm mostly a summer jumper but I can tell since last season they have been trying hard to make it more fun jumper friendly with the canopy classes, night jumps, water training etc.

What they really need is a fire pit and BBQ area to chill after a day of jumping and a place to camp. That would make it really a top notch DZ.

Oh and they should be open on Tues and Weds and have a bar or on site, a balloon, better weather and/or an Orange Julius... just saying.

last weekend was a disaster up there. The aircraft issue is understandable as I like safe rides to altitude. But it was interesting to see a line at manifest at 845 of 14 fun jumpers waiting to go yet it took another hour to get a plane off the ground. Anyone with business sense would think oh shit I have customers wanting to give me money I should maybe make them happy and start the plane up. instead lets wait around for some tandems to show up and make sure there is a 3 hour wait before the engines start.

Then when we do get planes going lets stop the plane, as it is taking off, to go pick up 4 AF kids who can't figure out on their own how to get on a plane. Literally we were starting to take off, plane had to power down and go wait for these 4 kids to be driven over. This was after the 10 minutes of the plane sitting on the taxi way refueling. All this while the loads are manifested 7 loads out.

And lets not forget about kicking people out of the DZ for actually enjoying skydiving and speaking their minds.

Sucks MH has the only otter in the state for public jumping. Some staff are great and enjoy their jobs and make you feel welcome others well judge for yourself.

Just my 2 cents though.

I didnt realize all that was going on.... I was on load 2, got back, packed and got on the next available slot.......LOAD 11 !!!!!

Wth???

They should announce ahead of time if the USAFA is going to be there and monopolize the loads.

3-4 tandems (w/o video(6-8), + 4 WOB = 1-3 fun jumpers/load

Kicking someone off for "competing" with the dz??? Competing with what? No one there is promoting gear sales of any kind. Sure they got a few things for sale, but no gear (rigs/canopies). Skydivers talk to each other, solicit advice from trusted people. Nobody is minding the store or anything, so i ask again, competing with who?

Factor in the new "rule" that all students with less than 25 jumps need to jump with a coach or instructor (or is it for everyone w/o an A (?))...... Its all about the $$$

Ive been to other DZ's here in CO, most like the people at Mile-hi, but have a serious dislike of management. And that was just what I overheard or were unsolicited comments.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

I was on load 2, got back, packed and got on the next available slot.......LOAD 11 !!!!!

That would certainly be distressing! [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

[\reply]Kicking someone off for "competing" with the dz??? Competing with what? No one there is promoting gear sales of any kind. Sure they got a few things for sale, but no gear (rigs/canopies). Skydivers talk to each other, solicit advice from trusted people. Nobody is minding the store or anything, so i ask again, competing with who?

Factor in the new "rule" that all students with less than 25 jumps need to jump with a coach or instructor (or is it for everyone w/o an A (?))...... Its all about the $$$

Couldn't have said it better myself, what is going on with Mile-Hi and SOOOO glad I've got my "B" paying for coach jumps every jump just to get your "A" is so ridiculous. I did 2 coach jumps to get my "A" TWO!!! wtf Mile Hi?
I refuse to let petty concerns like fear or rationality dictate my behavior.