flr169

skydive superior,wi and skydive twin cities,mn

Hello all........

I'm looking for some input on these 2 DZ's.....

I'm looking at taking a AFF course this summer and would like to know it anyone has jumped or taken any courses at these 2 DZ's and what u liked and disliked.............

any input is appreciated...........

thanks

mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

I was trained at Skydive Baldwin, which is now Skydive Twin Cities. It was 8 years ago and owners have changed but I think I received excellent training. I have never jumped at Skydive Superior but know a few pf the people that do.

Just out of curiousity, how did you come up with these 2 dz's as your choices because they aren't that close together.

Good luck be safe and have fun.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

SD TC seems like a nice enough place, I'm another one of those Canucks (a Newfie at that) trapped on the southern side of the Yank/Canuck border, in Winona, MN and have dropped by there a few times when not trekking down to SDC.

SD TC has in the past gotten an Otter for use over the summer, from Perris - so you might get exposure to more canopies in the sky than a strictly Cessna DZ. Best bet might be to take a week or two off and just knock off the 'A' in one straight shot - assuming the bank account allows for it - then again that's why they invented VISA/MC/AMEX. ;)

The folk there were really friendly, as with most every DZ you'll find - if you go student there, odds are you'll pick up a few buddies along the way to jump with after finishing the 'A'. Haven't seen any of thier student program aside from tandems (not enough visits, or too busy packing and jumping to notice) - so can't comment on it.

Haven't been far enough north to try out SD Superior though - no comment on what it's like.

Beerlight.........."skygod" no idea what it means?

TomAiello..........Thanks for the links.....I had read that info
before i posted......just was hoping for a bit more info to help
make my decision............

jlmiracle.........In canada the closest dz is in Manitoba which
is 8 hrs away but no AFF course...Toronto is 14 hrs aways with a
few DZ's to choose from and they teach the AFF course...

Now Skydive Superior and Twincities are across the boarder from
me and only 3 hrs and 6 hrs from my house and they both offer the
AFF course.....but not a 100% sure about Skydive Superior...
hehe so that is how i came up with those 2 DZ's....
thanks for your input.....

GrumpySmurf.........thanks for the input dude....

I was state side this weekend and stopped in at skydive superior
and didn't really find much....i grabbed a buisness card from
the airport there and will try calling this week.....

thanks, Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Beerlight

I found this today...so yes i now know what skygod means...........

Skygod. Although on the surface this term refers to a superior skydiver, in drop zone use skygod is a derogatory term for a skydiver whose ego has grown faster than his skydiving ability.

Mike

Hi There - I am a jumper at Skydive Twin Cities and would love to welcome you to our DZ. It's a wonderful place with great people and amazing skydiving talent (One of the instructors just passed 11,000 jumps!!!). The owners are super friendly and helpful. The regulars welcome all new people and every year we have a large number of AFF grads that still jump with us. Hope to see you out at Baldwin soon - be sure to find me and say HI (I'm the English chick!). Oh and the Super Otter will be with us in June.

Beerlight

I found this today...so yes i now know what skygod means...........

Skygod. Although on the surface this term refers to a superior skydiver, in drop zone use skygod is a derogatory term for a skydiver whose ego has grown faster than his skydiving ability.

Mike

Buck - he's a quick learner... watch out!:P

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here