peacefuljeffrey

Pity about SoBe

I made my level 7 jump out of the porter which was a sweet way to finish up.

Hey, I think I was on the plane with you! I was the first one to exit the plane, a freefly jump with a friend of mine. I remember Clint joking about you oweing beer. If you bought it, I think I had some of it too! :ph34r:

Congrats! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If there was a tandem on there then that was me :)

Thanks for the congrats, heh don't tell anyone but I still owe beer! GASP ,, i know i should be ashamed but i'll bring two cases of the good stuff on my next trip up there.

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Yep, there was a tandem for Operation Freefall on the plane.

Thanks for the congrats, heh don't tell anyone but I still owe beer!

No worries in me telling everyone, you just took care of that yourself. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ok no one has answered the question of why Sobe closed. Does anyone know?

OK.....First..... The guy who financed SOBE diddnt have the cash flow to keep it going.
Then a world of shit came down on the heads of everyone working there...
Now there are 2 groups fighting for the rights to SOBE...one will be a tandem factory with the possibility of a Caravan for weekends....the other will be a Twin Super Otter dropzone with tandems/students and a emphisis on freefliers...

things will not start to play out until the county decides who is going to get the rights to the DZ...that wont happen until sometime in late May...

any other questions just PM me...

Jim

Don´t belive the hype

So....any news about whats going on out there yet?

There is a new group in negotiation with the county but the county is getting ready to demolish the existing building to put up a new one and they are trying to work something out. I think the new name is going to be something like "Big Water Skydiving".

There is a new group in negotiation with the county but the county is getting ready to demolish the existing building to put up a new one and they are trying to work something out. I think the new name is going to be something like "Big Water Skydiving".

Is the "new group" Olav? Last I'd heard he was working to try to get something going there.

the best person to ask is Jean Carlo cause he was the person trying to rebuild the DZ... I was training with Olav in April 14-28 and we had to jump in other places like Clewston and Deland... it's a shame for him living 200 meters from the nonflying DZ :-(
fly free
GRU

I originally did my AFF at Pahokee back when it was Skydive Palm Beach in I think it was '98. It closed about two weeks after I finished after someone died and my friend broke her neck (she didn't die) on a landing.

Since then it has opened and closed several times as several different entities. The dropzone itself is very cool. The area is the armpit of Florida, however.

A bunch of us have decided that it is at the tip of the Bermuda Triangle and that it will forever be one of those things that no matter what something crazy and unfortunate happens there.;)

Good luck to whomever takes it over this time - there's always a bunch of people wanting to jump there. I've only been back once after finishing my AFF there.

I think all it would take is a fast aircraft and a good person. As for "arm pit of the world"....well most DZ's are located in small secluded "arm pits of the world". even the best of them are in bum fricken nowwhere". All i can remember is at one time that place was packed like deland... well maybe it is in the bermuda triangle!!! Could you imagine thou a mullems like King Air there....that place would:P rock!

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Good idea...... if anyone has any info that would be great...i sent olav a email last week and said it is a slow process... If anyone has any info please leave email contacts if possible.

Thaks all! blue skiesB|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Well I got an e-mail from JC saying that he had gotten all the paperwork done with the county, and that he was waiting for some contracts and stuff, anyway...he says that the hangar is gonna get demolished, and that he was planning on operating out of a trailer like Clewiston and having a packing tent like Z-hills, but he was estimating that the DZ would open up in november...JC is at Deland right now...

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

A bunch of us have decided that it is at the tip of the Bermuda Triangle and that it will forever be one of those things that no matter what something crazy and unfortunate happens there.

hmmm, i'm thinking more of lake okeechobee + indian wars
= bad karma.... indians that were killed in the battles of the 1800s (the seminole wars on lake okeechobee) just my little weird thought :P*

i don't know about the city of pahokee, but jumping over the lake is truly Blissful! if only that dz could rock out like it did with the circus & the space games. we can only hope for the dz to reopen some day soon [:/].

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

he was planning on operating out of a trailer like Clewiston...

That's a temporary fix while the new Airglades FBO's being built.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

maybe that would explain it because it certainly attracts very cool people but it just doesn't last and they even have a couple of close cities to draw tandems from to boost the cash flow.

i know my theory sounds weird, but something about indians & indian reservations & spirtual entities just kinda sets an eerie-market. anything that tries to survive there is cursed :o. ;)*

BUT, the funny thing is: the people and place were amazing! it's such a shame ~ that lake is so flawless and Skydive America had some really nice facilities (imo B|) i didn't have the opportunity to visit SoBe, but i heard nothing but positive comments.

and also what angela said: advertising could have been a critical element.

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister