vonSanta

Who's going to Aerograd (Russia) this summer?

June is coming to an end, but showers are still cold and construction is in progress. DZO says it will be finished in the first half of July.
Wind Tunnel is not ready yet :( Some problems with cooling the engine, AFAIK. It may take a long time to fix that.

3rd party insurance is not required. I doubt that European insurance valid in Russia. You can get it at Aerograd or in Kolomna, but it will take some time.

Invitation from the DZ should be enough, but you better consult with consul ;)

Roman and Andrew always answer the e-mail. May be, some of your letters were lost in the depths of the Internet :(

Feel free to PM me and post here any information you may find useful in my letters.

Ok I'm in Russia...

Planning to go to Kolomna on Tuesday... any tips on how to get there from Moscow?? Anyone else already here and want to share ride to DZ??

... this place is confusing!!

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Tuesday? Uhhh, now I know why 'Boom' is looking for a car :ph34r:
You can get to Aerograd using public transport, but it won't be comfortable.
I'd like to share the ride, but can't miss my working days :( and, you know, BASE festival is going to be on Thursday and Friday here in Moskow (Ostankino tower)

See you at the DZ this weekend! Look for the rig with 'Dancing Flame' words ;)

*Bump!*

Souunds naice, veeery naicce!

As i won't be able to travel around too much this summer, i would LOVE to hear what you people have to tell of this DZ.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

our group (about 20 people in mid august) is trying to get some sponsership for the trip ;)

since we'll be "representing" the country, they want to know who we'll be impressing while there...
we've told them there is a big boogie (the 150 way camp) with people all over the world including some world champions but a more specific list of represented countries would be helpful...

so, if you live somewhere on this planet and going to be in kolomna this august, or if you know of others coming from places outside russia , let me know :)
thanks and see you all soon B|

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

well its on their website...
and i'm not a big RW man, but we're bringing a few people with us that would be happy too...

should you find what for me?
aerograd? we'll find it, going to get the visas next week B|

Well, that's a preliminary information on the website, it is subject to change.
However, I've found more precise info: Russian 110-way record will be set at August, 22, and there will be training week before (14-22 Aug).
And a speed 10-way star competition, somewhere in the August too.
16-17 July - SWOOP competition (with Icarus Team Extreme involved).

thats good as long as there will be enough loads for us (non RW people) too...
we'll be there 12th-22nd so it would be a cool thing to watch :)
is it only russian or will there be other RW teams joining?

O

Uhh... and where is he now? Haven't seen him in Kolomna yet :|
However, Altichick was there! It was a pleasure to make 4 jumps with her (and the whole team of Victor Kravtsov :D) In the evening, she looked a bit... umm... tired :ph34r: ('Can't pack that QUICK! next day I'll use a packer')

Oh yeah, she's nice to jump with! Had the pleasure on her boogie tour stopover at Kamloops. She still didn't start that travel diary i asked for, guess it's a bit late now...;)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Uhh... and where is he now? Haven't seen him in Kolomna yet :|

Look for the dude in yellow freefly pants wearing a pink and purple rig. I should be kinda hard to miss, heh. Grega and Jerry81 are there too, so we're having a DZ.com meeting thing going.

However, Altichick was there! It was a pleasure to make 4 jumps with her (and the whole team of Victor Kravtsov :D) In the evening, she looked a bit... umm... tired :ph34r: ('Can't pack that QUICK! next day I'll use a packer')

Heh, I did a couple of belly jumps with her. Even a 10 point two way. Not bad for a guy who hasn't flown on his belly for the last 100 jumps. Probably was her more than me though :P.

Gotta go jump now. Look me up when you're at the DZ DancingFlame ;)

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Look for the dude in yellow freefly pants wearing a pink and purple rig

Okay, this Saturday I'll be looking for a yellow pants with freefly dude in them :D I'm easier to miss, despite of 'Dancing Flame' words written on my grey-and-blue rig.

Probably was her more than me though

Probably :ph34r:
She flies really great! Definitely better than me :P

Gotta go jump now. Look me up when you're at the DZ DancingFlame

Yeah, yeah... every time I'm on the DZ I'm so busy jumping a formation, that I can even miss a purple guy... err... rig :P

Angela has already told me that :)Now, the weather is really hot. Last weekend we were jumping in shorts (t-shirts off, too hot for them to wear B| ). Well, Sally (altichick) and other chicks were wearing tops as well :ph34r: Well, formation skydiving going kinda tought without booties and grips... B|

Well, warm clothes may help in certain situations, e.g. some cold nights. I'd recommend to bring some rain-proof cloth, sometimes it rains a lot.

See you at Aerograd next weekend!

I am going to whine incessantly. There you are, jumping - here I am, stuck at home. WHINE...

Plus I am missing out on all you guys, that's a double *sniff*.

The only good thing is I get to jump at Empuriabrava possibly as soon as next week!

I hope you're all having a wonderful time..somehow I am almost positive you are...but for Dror *comfs*

anybody flown there with transaero?
i
from their website:

If your baggage exceeds free-of-charge limit, you have to pay for each kg of extra weight. You may take with you one piece of hand luggage with the dimensions no more than 50õ40õ20 sm and weight no more 10 kg in business-class and 5 kg in economy class.

usually its 8 kg and although my rig is about 12 , i never had a problem with it.
if it was just me, i'd risk it but we're going as a group of 25 people...

anyone knows how strict they are?

O

Hey there . . . I'll be arriving in Moscow on 7th Aug and planning on jumping at Kolomna for 5 days or so. I take it you will have gone by then but let me know if you plan on staying longer or know of anyone else who'll be there. . . :)

Hey guys,

I'll be jumping in Kolomna from 7th Aug for a week and would love to meet up with anyone else who has a similar lack of Russian language ability . . . .

Share costs from airport to DZ? Any top tips for local accomodation?

Can't wait - got the buzz going on already . . . . .:)