cynci

Heli at SOBE

hmmmm.....might be a good weekend to come for another visit. Any luck on getting approval to camp yet? Sure would make the trip more worth while plus I seem to recall seeing an advertisement saying camping was allowed [:/]...someone jumping the gun perhaps?

Talk to me local folks.....

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Yes, we are having the official welcome party to our freefly school headed by Giancarlo Trimarchi. To celebrate we are bringing the Helicopter and possibly a Skyvan (still in the works) and of course our Super Twin Otter! We'll have FREE demos, FREE pizza and beer Saturday Night and FREE Organizing all weekend.

Dates: March 12-14, 2004 - and remember that friday is $15 to 14K B|

Also, since it is safety day on the 13th, we'll have safety day activities rain or shine, so come on out even if we have bad weather. I will post our safety days activities ASAP.

As far as camping, we have camping available at the Marina just 5 minutes from the DZ. You can check out the info at www.evergladesadventuresresort.com
Also, we have accommodations available at Giancarlo's house but space is limited so get in touch with him ASAP: [email protected]

I'll keep you guys informed as more things become confirmed...

Blue Ones!

Hey big guy...not to Hijack the thread but I think maybe you should head a bit north this weekend. Interested in playing in the dark, under the moon, about 13,000 feet up ?:P

You gotta play with me in the sky sometime...I bet you could keep up with my speedy headdown rate :P (I really am working to slow it down....one step at a time)

Talk to you soon.....D

[Hey big guy...not to Hijack the thread but I think maybe you should head a bit north this weekend. Interested in playing in the dark, under the moon, about 13,000 feet up ?]

Hey Dee,
I'm there!!! I've put myself in place for nighttime excursions out at the Lake not too long ago and the weather was just frigid and they were canceled. So I'm psyched for a closer to home after dark outing!
Since we just jacked SOBES thread (others guilty as well), they should know we love the new SOBE zone dearly and definitely will see them on the 13th and 14th.
See you this weekend!!!

And to the Mini Michigan excursion, come on down! You'll love SOBE...Florida DZ's rock!

Not to hijack the thread, but there is a mini Michigan invasion this weekend. About 6 of us from Tecumseh will be there this weekend. Hope to see y'all at SOBE!!

Awesome, Chrissy! I might see you on Sunday. I will be out of town At least until Saturday night, though:( Too bad you guys aren't coming the following weekend:( If I don't see you, have a blast for me! The good plane will be back there.:)
Angela.

OK then...I'll see some of ya THIS weekend for night jumps in Sebastian.....then I'll see some of ya out and about SoBeE the following weekend (the Tecumsah crew showed me lotsa love at Richmond ;) so can't wait to say Hi again) and then hopefully we'll see a whole bunch of ya BACK AT Sebastian the weekend of the 19th.

This is turning into quite the busy little month!

I can't wait till this Saturday!!! The past weekend at SOBE kicked ass and it wasn't even a boogie.

The VIBE there is rockin, everyone is soooooo friendly and helpful (thanks to Michelle, Louis, and Jim (the packer and the flyer), the Otter just kept on doing back-to-backs the whole time. And its good to see that Pahokee still has a VERY freefly-friendly DZ. Too bad some traffic came in on Sunday.

It sounds like the weekend coming up is going to be an even better blast. Hopefully, I will be able to get on some great skydive's and do outside video for everyone. I am really looking to capture some innovative footage - so put on your creativity caps and let's go do some BADASS flying. See you on Saturday.
B|

More News on this weekend event:

-Huey Jumps will be between $35-$45. The helicopter fits 8-10 people and takes them to 5,000 ft. in 4-5 minutes - yahoooo!

Seminars for Safety Day:

-Inspecting your gear by FAA Master Rigger JC Perren
FREE Gear Inspections from 8:00-9:00 am

-Freeflying Safely by Freefly Instructor Giancarlo Trimarchi

-Spotting by the Lake by USPA Instructor (and long-time local) Dave Cole

-Flying Camera by Monkey Kam Video Concesion Owner Andy Frey

Also we have confirmed Bird-Man Suits demos and Nancy from Ouragan Suits will be coming too!

As always we'll have FREE Organizing by Giancarlo Trimarchi and FREE Pizza and Beer on Saturday Night... Don't forget that friday we have $15 jumps from our Super Otter!

See you here this weekend! B|

Hey Sunnydee, I was at SoBe last weekend for two days. This weekend, I'm looking at Saturday only. Basically, I am in Ft.Lauderdale on business for the week. But yeah, if you feel like comin on down, we can do one or two. The only camera I have right now is a GL2 (the BIG-MAMA) - so it doesn't quite fit the profile of a two-way skydive; although, it would be my pleasure to help out in any way that I can. The freefly level at the DZ, in general,is very high. A lot of talented and helpful people are roaming around SoBe on a constant basis. And there are a couple of onsite freefly guru's that have much to offer as well. PM me if you want and we'll chat. I have limited PC time this week. Peace. -DC:D

It looks like we may actually be able to get out of work early-afternoon tomorrow. It's about 1 1/2 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale?

Should there be many people hanging around and jumping on Friday evening? I wonder. ..and hope so. Common guys and gals, let's do a medium way that evening! I'll bring the 3-chip and do outside!!! A sunset kinda load (or two) sounds like a nice way to finish of a sedentary week behind computer screens. AUGGH!!! B|

help a brotha out...:S

It looks like we may actually be able to get out of work early-afternoon tomorrow. It's about 1 1/2 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale?

It takes me about 1 hour 15 mins to get to SOBE from Fort Lauderdale. You can drive pretty fast on 95/595 and US 27, just slow down when you get close to South Bay. There's often a speed trap just south of town.

I take 95 to 595, head west on 595/75 towards Naples until I reach US 27 which is the last exit before 75 becomes a toll road. Then I take US 27 north to South Bay. The first stop light in South Bay is US 80 and I turn right on that. About a mile east on that the first stop light will be US 715 and I take a left on that. That'll head north through South Bay/Bella Glade and a couple miles out of town the dropzone will be on the left.