Airborne03

1st Annual Spring Break Boogie (Skydive Deland/Daytona Beach)!!!!

If this happens my roomate and I will be there for sure. I would love to come back and visit Deland and my old school ERAU! Sounds like a blast. That is how Spring Break should be spentB|

It is defenitly going to happen! No doubt about it! We look foward to having you here!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Hey everyone...great news...got some new additions!!!!

- We are defenitly getting the chopper -- price on the way

- Night jumps on Friday night and possibly Sat Night too!

- Sport Accuracy Competition for great prizes

- Hit and Chug competiton (if you arent sure what this is, just ask!)

- We got the hanger to sleep in so if you forget your tent or dont have one...no biggie! we got u covered!

STILL MORE TO COME!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Hey guys..another awsome thing to add to this already awsome freaking boogie!!!!

Aerodyne will be there during the boogie partying it up with us! Aubrey will be represending the company with lots of DEMO canopies to jump as well as handing away t-shirt.

also he just told me that they are going to give us a certificate to give away for 50% off an entire system!!!!!! you cant get that deal just anywhere!!!

make sure you come out to the boogie and check out this stuff its awsome!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Some more updates....

Spoke to Nancy from Ouragan suits today and she will be setting up shop at our boogie to DEMO some awsome freefly suits and swoop pants. If you have never heard of Ouragan you have to come check them out, they are so sweet!

Also Mirage will be there as well as Aerodyne and PD will be represented also.

Make sure you bring your suntan lotion, it was 85 yesterday in florida! cant wait till the boogie!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

SOUNDS AWESOME! you went all out, this being a 1st time Boogie it sounds like you have some sweet connections!

If i was in Florida, enjoying the 80º weather I would definitely come check it out! .....and party w/ all the college kids B|

What planes will be there?

**To anyone who goes: have lots of fun! i expect a full report of the fun when you get back!

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

Maybe because the last time I flew both was a light Van load followed by a heavy Porter load... even my whuffo friends on the ground that were watching me jump said the Porter load took way longer. But there could have been other differences between the loads, besides the fact that the Van was light.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

What about the places to stay. I'm not from the area, I'm coming from Jersey. Is there any local hotels or bunk rooms.

You can camp, there are hotels, there is a small bunkhouse at the dz and there are bunkhouses that skydivers rent a few miles from the dz. Contact the dz and I'm sure they'll be able to hook you up if you want a bunkhouse, the hotels can be found on the website (I think).
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

well there is a holiday inn right down the street if your feeling like u have money to spend, but if ur poor like us college kids...we rented out the hanger each night so if u have a sleeping bag or some blankets you can get drunk and pass out with us there. or bring a tent and set up right next to the runway.

oh and the porter is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster! and a lot less noisier!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

The porter is the fastest plane in Deland. It's actually one of the fastest porters in the country. The van is faster than the usual van, but it's still just a tad slower than the super otter and porter.

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

Cough Cough ... rumors about cough $14 jumps cough sneeze ...

Cough, Cough,... also rumors of a raft jump... Cough...:S

well here is the latest:

20$ Registration Fee gets you

Free Load Organizing
Free Food (Friday night Burgers and Dogs, Sat Night Spaggetti Dinner)
Free Beer (Yuengling, Killians, Budlight)
Free other drinks (Jello Shots, Jungle Juice)
35$ Helicopter Jumps (45 if not registered)
18$ jumps to 13,500
25$ Night Jumps on Friday and Possibly Saturday
Discounted Freefly Coach Jumps from Freedom of Flight instructors Jimmy Tranter and Paxton Vineyard
Bird-man first jump courses
Hit and Chug Competition
Sport Accuracy Competition
Prizes and Rafflels (Only can be won by registered boogie'ers)
Ouragan Suits, Aerodyne, Mirage and PD
DJ'ed party Sat Night
Use of the Hanger for Sleeping each night
Bonfire and Music
Possible Raft Dives

Keep checking back. This is what we got for now. Its gonna be a lot of fun! Very rarely does the dropzone have night jumps and helicopter jumps and we got it for the same weekend!

Make sure u take advantage of this weekend and all you northerners come down and "thaw" out! The last 3 days have been an average temperature of 80 degrees and i laughed cause the weather people on tv said "and on thursday it will be cooling off to 75 degrees" :P

Hope to see u there!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Well I have to make sure I have no tests on friday and im skipping classes all day (shh dont tell my teachers). I will be there prob from noon on. Ill be spending the night there too...so i guess as far as time goes that it officially starts? when you show up, the party starts? haha

see u there friday! remember, friday night is night jumps!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

I just wonder how they are going to pull off the "Beach Theme Party". That's going to be a stretch.

Now when have you ever been at a good boogie where the everyone's clothes stayed on! The beach theme is great, and it gives an excuse to be in swimsuits.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astire ever did, only she did it backwards and in heels.

We'll probably be arriving 10am-noon half asleep from the 18hr drive. We'll get situated and make a couple of jumps to knock the dust off. Do you know approx how many people will be coming besides the million regulars? How many people are in the Riddle Skydiving Club these days?

See ya soon:P

On the Journey of Life! Want a Ride?