Airborne03

1st Annual Spring Break Boogie (Skydive Deland/Daytona Beach)!!!!

Friday - Sunday
March 5,6,7

Hey everyone....we are working really hard in making an awsome boogie this year in Deland. We know it was a horrible winter up-north so we couldnt think of a better way for some northern skydivers to travel to Daytona Beach Florida for spring break and "thaw" out skydiving in Deland!
Here is just some quick info about our boogie....
keep checking the posts cause we have some surprises we are working on!

Come with your bathingsuits and chutes to the worlds most famous beach and most famous dropzone for the 1st Annual Spring Break Boogie hosted by Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and Skydive Deland! $20 registration fee gets you:

- free food and beer (fri and sat nights)
- load organizing (RW, Freefly, Hybrid and Wingsuit)
- Discounted Jumps
- DJ'ed party in the hanger both nights as well as music around bonfire
- Raffels and Prizes from many skydiving companies
- Birdman 1st Jump Courses
- Beach Theme Party
-Come jump our Skyvan, Twin Otter and Porter!
- Many more things to come!!!!

We are only one hour away from the Skyventure Wind Tunnel in Orlando and only 15 minutes away from " spring breaker" filled clubs and attractions in Daytona Beach.

Come kick off your Spring Break with us at Skydive Deland home of the National Champion Deland Majik, Freedom of Flight Freefly School and the new Flight 1 Canopy School!

www.db.erau.edu/campus/student/clubs/freefall/boogie.htm

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Not that thread again

Huh? I'm just wondering if it's a boogie for everyone, or just geared to the young-uns.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Cool, think I'll make the trip up. But...I've heard from half a dozen different people about how clicky Deland is and if you aren't a regular or on a team folks tend to be smug.

On a more positive note: let me share a quick story... I moved to Jupiter, FL early 2000 and had enough time to unload my chopper, grab the girlfriend and head to bike week. Our hotel reservations were in Deland. Bike week was so boring, I couldn't believe it the same event I read about all those years. (The Northeast kicks butt for biker events!) The girlfriend was a jumper and her sister was one of the "Misty Blues". I had already done my tandem jump 2 months earlier. So she suggests a trip out to Delands DZ. Whoa, the atmosphere and swooping blew me away. Met a bunch of her old acquaintances and had a great time (much better than Daytona). I was intrigued and hooked, and 4 years later I'm as addicted as ever. Thanks Deland...for making me spend all my money on jumps and gearB|

Are people who are old enough to have children in college allowed to go?

Do you have money? Capitalism is a great equalizer.

I just wonder how they are going to pull off the "Beach Theme Party". That's going to be a stretch.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Ofcourse anyone is welcome!!!! We are not going to age-discriminate!

As long as you dont mind trying to keep up with us crazy college kids!

And as far as "clicky" Deland goes...there will be a ton of load organizing and many opportunities to meet other jumpers.

We have a lot of other cool things in the plan for now but I am going to wait to say till we have 100% OK from Deland.

Definitely keep this in mind...its going to be awesome! And the beach party theme is easy! Come in your bathingsuits and flipflops and enjoy the weather! We will provide the beachballs!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Ofcourse anyone is welcome!!!! We are not going to age-discriminate!

As long as you dont mind trying to keep up with us crazy college kids!

Listen you young whippersnapper, I could still teach you a few tricks. :P

I'm planning on coming. It will be the start of my boogie season! B|
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

HAHA...id love to see these tricks!

Hopefully if 1/2 of the stuff we have planned actually happens this is going to be such an awesome boogie!!!

I got two awesome people coming up to play guitar around the bonfire just to add some "chill" music to our night if your not feeling your techno stuff in the hanger!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Hey Skymama....we can hang together and be the old divorced chicks group

Hell ya...we can be the founding members of a new club! :ph34r:

hey everyone...great news! Just got off the phone with crosskeys and they are sending their Alouette II helicopter to our boogie!!! Awsome! I am not sure on prices but prob in the vicinity of 30-40...no more then 40 defenitly!

our club is going to front most of the money for fuel so we can get you guys cheap chopper jumps!

keep checking back for more awsome things we have in the works!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

This is going to be some great fun ya'll! I'm looking forward to it!! I'm planning on being there doing Birdman load organizing and First Flight Courses, PM me or find me here for details!! Can't wait to do some BM helicopter jumps B| Deland's the place to be ya'll ... it'll be a blast!

Also heard some rumors about things that haven't been posted yet ... I'm not the one to say anything, but if this stuff comes to realization, it'll be even better than you previously thought:S

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

Everyone should go to this boogie. It is sure to be a good time. Had fun with a bunch of these kids in Lake Wales, I'm sure it will be no different.

Enjoy yourselves while I'm stuck in Ohio:(
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Beach jumps were never mentioned before, i dunno how that started. Sorry to dissapoint you! You can drive on the beach in daytona while you are down here but no jumping from airplanes on it!

Id like to also say again we will be offering helicopter jumps sat and sunday!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez