SkydiveHouston

"Chillin in Texas" Dec5-7

“Chillin’ In Texas”
(Skydive Houston’s soon to be annual event)

December 5th thru 7th:

MYSTERY DIVE COMPETITIONS
Organized by Larry Hinson, mystery dives are 4,6,8, or 10 ways where you don’t know your slot until the climb to altitude. Then the door opens and it’s a race to close the formation.

HELICOPTER JUMPS
On Saturday a Eurocopter Twinstar helicopter will be available for $50 a slot. The Twinstar can hold 4 to 5 jumpers and is sponsored by Tex-Air Helicopters.

ATTENTION ALL BELLYFLYERS!!!!!
It’s official; the local Skydive Houston freeflyers have issued a challenge towards 8 ready and willing bellyflyers to a speed star competition.

4-WAY TRIATHALON
Now that TSL and Nationals are over, register your team for the “Chillin In Texas” 4-Way competition. This will include one round of freefall, a swoop pond raft race, and rock wall climbing relay race.

$18 registration includes a T-shirt and dinner Saturday night.

It was replaced by a Aerospatial Dolphin....WOW what a machine and see Shanon waving in the window. This is Skydiving First Class the only thing missing was the nice headset & movie, caviar, champagne and stewardess on the way to altitude.
Indeed Thanks to the culprits of one Fun Weekend!!!
Oh yes and Pier had his first cut-away (he carries Cuervo in his trunk for his rigger just in case)

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

Actually its a Eurocopter EC 155.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

I am the one who brought the first little chopper out. When the 155 showed up with mechanics my boss asked me if all my friends got to make chopper jumps, told him no and he said to take the 155 and finish everybody up.

BTW For anyone who jumped the EC155 you are welcome to send your thanks to [email protected]
That would be my boss and the one who made it possible for you guys to be the only skydivers on the planet to have ever jumped from a Eurocopter EC155. As far as I know.

Maybe the next time you here about the Gravityrats throwing a party you'll show.