Raefordite

Couch Freaks - Dollar Daze 2003

Are there any freefly organizers there this year?

i'm not on the boogie committee, so hopefully my answer isn't entirely wrong. last i heard, the ff organizers we wanted fell thru so there will not be any ff organizers. (still will be plenty of rw organizers, and another state record is planned!):)
i think there will still be some ff videographers hopping on loads to collect video.

can't wait to see everyone at the boogie!!! :)

I plan to be there from Friday AM through Monday. Thanks to my old boss, I was canned at the perfect time...B|

I'm goin to Couch Freaks! I'm goin ta Couch Freaks!

The only down thing is I get to pitch camp next to the Polyester Palace.[:/]

Could be worse. I could be by the KAIVOs!

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

Going this year. Have gone since college 1987. We have a crowd. Wed through Monday.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Kate - Are you here the entire time? Looks like more state record attempts, again. But this year, Sandy's playing a bigger role. I'll do it if Sandy's picking the crew. Tom and Larry mean well, but the axe isn't very sharp. We are bringing a ton more people with NSL experience so maybe a 3 plane attempt (60-69 people) is doable this time.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

well with i could come Kate but no rig ATM...i sent it back with sunpath..

Sure, some excuse - no rig! Like I don't know anyone that can help you with that!!

And who in their right mind would send a rig to Sunpath to have it changed when Sunpath is at about 21 weeks for delivery of a new rig?? Like - how soon are you expecting your rig back?

DeGimp - I'm gonna change your name to Dingle-dog:P

I will be getting there Thursday late AM. Think I could pack for those that are on the state record? I need the money...:(

DZ.commers, check in at SkyKat tent and we might get at dz.com jump together. (It was posted on page 1, but I thought it important enough to post here too). B|

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

Kate - Are you here the entire time? Looks like more state record attempts, again. But this year, Sandy's playing a bigger role. I'll do it if Sandy's picking the crew. Tom and Larry mean well, but the axe isn't very sharp. We are bringing a ton more people with NSL experience so maybe a 3 plane attempt (60-69 people) is doable this time.

I know a lot of people with NSL experience that have not been on anything bigger than a 16 way....

That aside, several Skydive Chicago folks with lots of big way experience are going to be there for the record attempts.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Don't worry, our AA and AAA teams are pretty much jack of all trades. Most feel like I do - We've signed up but will drop it like a dead skunk if it gets too hairy. We've all done big ways and won't waste time if the run up bodes poorly for success. We'd rather do sequential 20-way. I am really hoping for at least a 66.

Glad to hear the Chicago crowd is bringing some quality too. That will be a big help. Texas too.

I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole thing.

Also, I know that GoFast (t-shirts, she sells the Dropzone.com shirts) is going to have the booth there. I'll watch the traffic here and if a lot of people want to buy Dropzone.com shirts, I'll notify the owner so she can stock up. (For those of you wanting to dress in support of the website.)

2 days, 22 hours, 0 minutes, 21 seconds

See you Wednesday -

BTW - Sometimes the plane shows up on Wednesday and sometimes the pilot feels like taking up a load. It happens, like every 3-4 years. What I do know, is if you are not there on Wednesday, you definitely will miss any load that goes.

Yippee! The planes usually arrive late Wednesday afternoon. If weather and jumpers are around, the loads fly Wed. evening. So be sure to register as soon as you get there.

SKY KAT will be open for business Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun- and half day Monday!

I'm almost done packing........

and sometimes the pilot lands and goes straight to the hotel without talking to anyone (last year?)

but there is always hope

see you at Skykat I'm looking at helmuts this year

***They flew at least a couple loads last year on Wed.

You're right, I made that one too. It must have been the previous year. See you tomorrow.

1 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes, 46 seconds left. I feel like a kid the day before Christmas. We will be on the road in about 6 hours to do the bar crawl on the way. Should be a large turn out from Lincoln Sport Parachute Club. Cya at Ft. Dodge. "The Boogie America Depends On!"

Skydive Radio

Sorry, but stay on your belly for a couple hundred jumps.

Just kidding.

Actually, don't start too hard with the partying and be particular about who you jump with. If you're freeflying, stick to 2 and 3 ways since your new. If they grow bigger, just step off. Lots of trash loads.

Precision Demo canopies available also...

I'll be arriving Wednesday afternoon... see me Thursday morning for demos... thru Monday midday departure.

Chris
Precision Aerodynamics

Chris Martin is a fantastic guy and you would do well to become his friend. I consider one of my best friends in the industry now.

Chuck Blue

any last minute advise for a newer jumper with less than 100 jumps??

Yep = Have fun, be safe and carry your cell phone with the manifest phone number!

The local farmers and community are wonderful about picking up jumpers and bringing them back from out landings.

Yippee! The planes usually arrive late Wednesday afternoon. If weather and jumpers are around, the loads fly Wed. evening. So be sure to register as soon as you get there.

SKY KAT will be open for business Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun- and half day Monday!

I'm almost done packing........

Well, I have to teach Thurs and it's a 7 hour drive for me, so I expect to be there Friday late afternoon.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.