carrietoth

Archway Safety Meeting June 14, 2003

In lieu of a close call under canopy with a friend and the passing of a well known skydiver/DZO, I feel it is time to call everyone together for a safety meeting. After the sun has set, we can gather in a bfr (big friggin' round) in the hangar, eat pizza, drink kool-aid, and have a round table discussion. Throughout the day I will provide index cards for you to anonymously submit a question, concern, scenario, or comment for us to discuss as a group. It will be good to hear replies from perspectives of beginning and experienced skydivers.

I will be the first to admit, even though I have over 500 jumps, I still have a great deal to learn. It has been 6 years since I took the first-jump course. I am certain there are probably some procedures and philosophies that have changed since then.

I hope you will join us.

Lots of love,
Carrie

Oh yeah, Tippy is getting a bath and haircut on Saturday!

I'm there. But this past weekend, I wasn't. Can you say what happened? I saw Tina's 6/8 post on the Archway message boards about a devastating weekend, I'm worried now [:/]. Please send me a message if this isn't for public consumption. You're right about Tippy, a little grooming for him is in order.

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.

Thanks, got the full scoop by e-mail. My condolences go out to all at Skydive Chicago and everyone else who knew him. Having a safety meeting is a great idea, more DZs should follow suit.

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.