The dates are now set for the return of the incredible XIth Hercules
Boogie feat. C130 (as always).

The boogie will take place between July the 24th to 31st 2004 at
Lidkoping (Hovby) Airport.

our webpage, www.herculesboogie.com will soon be updated so stay
tuned.;);)

Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

Tjene Schwede! Please stay in touch with Jari and I about the upcoming Herc Boogie. We would like to be there to organize the flock again.
kim AT bird-man DOT com
Jari: jari AT bird-man DOT com

Last year's Herc Boogie was one of my favorite of all time. What a plane, what nice people and what a great time! I left happy and tired (a good sign).

Could you please try to schedule 1 day of bad weather this time though. :P I couldn't believe how hot and sunny sverige could be! I came back to DeLand more tan than the Floridians.

Already looking forward to seeing Lydköping again!

Tweet tweet,

Kim Griffin
BirdMan Inc

e-mail addresses edited by skymama so Kim and Jari won't get a bunch of spam from the web crawlers.

-Kimberly Griffin

Did you pick up some swedish when were here the last time???

But Imagine that you had your hands full due to the beautiful weather we had...

I'll get back to you all in due time..

Stay safe and have fun

Schwede
Schwede

Yo Schwede,

well I was at the original (at least I think it was the original) Herc boogie back in 1982. I'll try to make the 2004 one - I guess nothing will have changed - hard days getting as many jumps as possible, hard nights involving food and alchohol, an hours sleep, wake up and repeat all week.

Blue Skies, fergbird

Well, the organizers (LO) are better, the formation skydives is of higher standard, sequential 30 + ways, the girls are getting younger, the weather was fantastic last time, but otherwise... It's all the same - C130 during the daytime, beer in the bar, girls in the tent or on the lawn, liveband almost every evening..

Great to see if you could make it next year...

All the best and don't forget to take a peek into our webpage from time to time: www.herculesboogie.com

C ya 2004
Schwede

I have heard sooooo much about this boogie:P all good things!!

Some friends and I are trying to get a whole group from SA to come join you all for an awesome party;);)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

I have heard sooooo much about this boogie:P all good things!!

Some friends and I are trying to get a whole group from SA to come join you all for an awesome party;);)

don't forget the swiss tigers ;)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I’ve just had a good look at the boogie website, but can’t find any info about how to get there! Can anyone tell me which is the nearest airport/s that I can fly into (ideally cheaply!) from the UK? Time off work is already booked and I want to start working on getting a cheap flight! ;)

Many thanks,

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

To get to the boogie you really have a lot of options:

1. Ferry from Newcastle to Gothenburg with DFDS Seaway - http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ and then by your car to Lidkoping

2. By air to GOT (Goteborg I'ntl Airport) and then bus or train to Lidkoping.

3. By Air to Gotenburg City Airport (Save) by Ryan Air from Stansted - http://www.ryanair.com/

And remember that we will update the website very soon as the one currently displayed is from 2002.

Take care and hope to see you at the Hercules Boogie next year.

Schwede
Member of the Hercules Boogie committee
Schwede

Some of the world greates LO´s in RW have been given their positive response of participating. More will be writen on our webpage that will be up and running in a few weeks.

our webpage, www.herculesboogie.com will soon be updated so stay
tuned.;);)

Schwede

Hiya Swede,

Like I said earlier we are looking to put together a large group of South African Skydivers, please advise minimum jumps as there seems to be some controversy here!!

Thanks

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

As we are stilling looking in to last years success of the boogie and the quality of the skydives perfomed, we believe that a 300+ jump limit (student jump not included) should still apply.

However, we might be going for even higher quality - which means that the skydivers should at least be able to do sequential 10 - 20 ways in order to be in the organised groups.

But we'll return on that issue after our next committee meeting end of this month.

So stay tuned to our webpage: [www.herculesboogie.com]

Schwede
Schwede

Latest NEWS;
Hercules Boogie 2004 Load organizers

As we are setting the aim a little bit higher for the boogie 2004 – we want to do sequential 20 ways as the smallest, you should at least have the skills of docking on a 10-way and have done multiple skydives with more then 1 point 10 ways & have at least 300 non-student-jumps. We have stretched our arms out to bring the best people possible organizers of Big way skydiving.
We have until today secured the participation of:

Edward “Bushman” Anderson – Tampa, Fl – the new CEO of Aerodyne, he’s back. Worked his butt off last time with the groups of people who had 300-500 skydives

Kate Cooper – Perris Valley, CA – wellknow big way organizer since many years, she is also Mrs Square One, two and three and a first timer for Sweden

Bill “BoXman” Engle – Skydive City, Fl – He has earned his way back to the Hercules boogie, he was one of the co-organizers of the World record 120-way 2 point skydive.

Lesley Gale – Peterborough, UK – We’ve got an English lady for the first time in our roster, but
not any one, she’s one of the organizer of the Brit chicks 2002 record and editor of The Mag

Ken Hansen – Norwegian, living in Sweden, been in the last big way records and loves to construct intricate skydives for the skilled persons.

Larry Henderson – Abilene, TX this humble LO is back and will bring the best out of you – he has numerous big way records in his belt as participant and organizer.

Gareth Holder – Byron, CA Can we say anything more about this English gentleman who’s a part of the boogie since many years. He’s back with a vengeance.. Last year he organized several 30 – 40 ways with 4 points – he is setting the goal higher this year.

Darryl Moran – Wherever, UK. He is back, THE British big way organizer, participated as a co-organizer in several world records with the World team as well organized the Brit 100 way successfully.

Matthias Nord – Stockholm SE - The blazing Star of formations skydiving in Sweden, several championships in 4-way, love to organize and teach out techniques in skydiving.

Markku Teivainen – Helsinki, FIN. What is a Hercules Boogie without our favourite Finn. Last year he brought over 70 Finns with him – this time have threatened to bring over 100, so he could do his 60 - 80 ways skydive the complete week

BJ Worth – Whitefish, MT, Mr BIG WAY – organizer of the World team records in skydiving and many more around the world. Look at his bio and get stunned…

Guy Wright – Gardiner NY, retired manager of the Ranch – now a big shot in BIG way skydiving, co-organizer of the 120-way 2 point world record, and have set numerous U.S. State records through the summer in big ways

As for Freefly, you need 600+ freefly jumps and be able to sit stable and have the skills of flying at a steady fallrate and direction. Remember that no smaller groups then 8 will be let off the ramp and for your own safety as well as your friends, see to it that you bring the skills for safe and fun BIG WAY FF.

At the moment we have;

Chris de Bar – Byron CA, several silver/Bronze medals at the US Nationals with his team Bomb Squad. An excellent vdo-grapher, FS-organizer and of course FF. Organized several hybrid dives… Will this be his treat at the Hercules Boogie 2004?

Boel Janérus- Stockholm, SE. The leading lady in Swedish FF. Swedish Champion in FF and organizer at the Hercules Boogie 2002 and trainingcamps in Portugal.

Shortly we will have the Bio’s and Pics of all organizers – as if you don’t already know most of them…

Furthermore – The Danes are coming in force too. They are going to break their old national record (made at the 1995 Hercules Boogie) they are going for a 70 +-way.

This is gonna be the BIG WAY boogie happening in 2004

So you better register and stay tuned to www.herculesboogie.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Schwede

Yes isn't.

As of today we only are 364 slots left for the boogie so they are filling up fast.. Get your slot today to be able to participate with us and our LO's during that week.

See Ya all...
Schwede

There are many around, but cheap!!! Well thats relative..If you let us know your ETA we will see if we can arrange a pickup for you.. If you dont want to have a car all the time.

But rental companies are; Avis, Hertz,and many more - just go to;
http://www.lfv.se/site/airports/landvetter/eng/to_from_airport/to_from_airport_taxi.asp

C Ya in July
Schwede