Mikelli

Dominican Republic Boogie

On behave of 550 skydivers from all over the world, we thanks Mr. Eugene Matos from the Dominican Republic Air Force for his effort made during this year 2003 AF boogie. We just received an excellent treatment at San Isidro Air Base. One full week, few free jumps but at least great time. The Dominican government is greatful to Mr. Eugene Matos and his wife for his incredible contribution to San Isidro military Hospital. 150,000 USD in beds, and hospital equipments donations in December 2001. This went to Ramon De Lara Hospital. Other past donations by Mr. Matos are registered at the Air Force, 1994, 1998, 1999 and 2000. In collaboration with Dr. Castan from Montreal, made possible the opening of Jesus te Ama clinic in Santo Domingo, 75% of their equipment came from Canada. Again with hospital equipments like: Xray bed, wheelchairs, clothing etc. All together with an approx value of 300,000USD.
And incredible work ! without a single publicity.
By the way, I heard that Mr. Matos and his wife received the highest distinction of the Air Force last Feb. 15, 2002, done in person by the Major General Bueno Vasquez, and President Mejia, for their contribution to the Air Force and Dominican society.
Regards;
Mike.
Italy.

And the posting is a crock of shit anyway. This event was either a scam or a massive screwup (opinions by those involved seem to lean towards a scam, but I'm undecided.) In the end, a lot of people lost a lot of money on an event that basically didn't happen.

Eugene Matos has a history of duping people into paying for boogies then cancelling or scaling them back and not refunding money.

As well, he seems to hide behind multiple identities in his emails. I'm undecided here if this Mikelli is one of them. The misspellings in this post look awfully like the writing he sent me. It would be in character for this character to log onto dropzone.com and praise himself.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

It would be in character for this character to log onto dropzone.com and praise himself.

What I found interesting is that the original identical post was made by someone using the name Mikello, rather than Mikelli. The misspellings are identical, as well as is the content and grammatical errors. Which is not a bother, exactly, but if you're changing your user name, why c/p the original post? Why not write one from your own hands if you're someone different? (And wasn't the lack of response to the original post somewhat indicative that it's...well, not important to most of the folks here?)

Further checking shows that the profiles, while different, contain similar errors, as well. For example, a quick international postal check shows the "zip code" 98765 (Mikelli's) does not exist in either Italy or the US. The postal code 7897 does not exist in Italy, and is incomplete for any area in the US. Additionally, the first cited code is simply counting backwards, whereas the second one is the topline with a repeat of the number pads on a traditional keyboard. That is just one example of the problems I've seen in a brief looking into the profiles.

I have no idea who Eugene Matos is, nor anything about the Dominican boogie per se...I have read the arguments pro and con, and have thought that should I ever be competent enough to attend a boogie outside the US (heck, outside southern CA!), it would not be this one I would attend.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

My first thought was to delete this thread since the post had already been done before. I've decided to leave it up so everyone can draw their own conclusions. Something smells a little fishy to me though.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon