Laura

Scott Miller Canopy Skills Camp

On Friday/Saturday/Sunday, June 6/7/8, 2003, Performance Designs Lead Test Jumper Scott Miller (Course Director of The Canopy School at Skydive DeLand as well as PD Factory Team member), will be at The Ranch to conduct a Canopy Skills Camp geared toward improving the canopy flying skills of all jumpers, regardless of experience level.

Made up of 3 one-day training sessions with a limit of 8 participants per day, each day of the camp will be a separate and complete Canopy Flight Course. The course consists of 5 jumps with each landing videotaped and debriefed, as well as extensive classroom training. Each classroom session will focus on a different skill area and will build on the skills discussed in previous sessions. In case of inclement weather, jumpers will have the option of staying for ground training sessions.

Each day sessions will begin at 9am.

For further information, check out the Ranch's Schedule of Events page at www.ranchskydive.com

To register, please contact Manifest at 845-255-9538 or [email protected]

Also, on Friday night, June 6, Scott will hold a FREE SEMINAR on "Teaching Canopy Control" for coaches, instructors, and anyone who is interested in becoming one. Scott will also give a free packing demonstration on Saturday evening, June 7. Seminars will be held after sunset in the Great Hall, and are free of charge and open to anyone who wishes to attend.

I've taken Scott's canopy class and I can tell you that it is well worth the time and money. Scott is very down to earth, extremely knowledgeable about canopies and has great communication skills. I took classes from him at around 50 jumps and then at 200 jumps, and he structured the class according to my skill level very well. I found the classroom session to be the most beneficial for me, because he drew pictures of what he was instructing me in and explained things very well. Scott never made me feel like I was asking a stupid question, even though I'm sure he's been over this hundreds of times with students. He's also just an all around great guy. He's never once hesitated in giving me advice or answering quesitons when I've seen him around the dz.

If you're going to be at The Ranch at the time of his classes, sign up now, you won't regret it! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon