Kuper

my first 2 RW (sort of) jumps +I got A !

hey everybody! i wasn't in the site for few months, sorry... so these are the thing that happend since the last time i wrote in here:
i got my A lisence last week - but i did it just on my 30 jump (i have just one DZ in here and o'm not going to go abroad now - so i really didn't need it nor need it now yet). at my 26-27 jumps i was with a group of 3 of a 4 RW team - they just asked who want to jump with them and learn about the base and skills of RW. ofcourse i came (and i was the only one! so they jumped with me twice! :)!
and it was free too (they r not instructors - just good people) so it was like a jump with instructor - but not! ha ha ha!

:oall the newbies like me - you can't imagine what things you can learn just from flying with other people around you - although it's 'just' belly dive! and from their video too!
it was really cool. now i'm tring to find someone in my level (30jumps) to start jump and work with ...

attached - 5 pictures captured from the video of those 2 RW jumps... and thanx to Adi Atkin and his guys of the RW team!!!
B|have fun and blue skies to you all!
Ori.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com

now i'm tring to find someone in my level (30jumps) to start jump and work with ...

you might want to be careful doing that... I've always heard from the experienced guys that the most dangerous way to skydive is with 2 newbies trying new things together. :S

anyways, congrats on the jump. :)

MB 3528, RB 1182

True, 2 newbies doing RW or anything else is something wrong waiting to happen, it should be 1 newbie and one experienced one, that's the advise I got and I'm passing along.

i know that the best way for a newbie to learn (and be safe!) is with an experienced one, but most of the time - there are no any experienced people who'll want to spend a jump on a newbie. they have their own groups, and many times they not do (anymore) belly jumps - just vertical jumps.

that's why i want to jump with other people in my level - and of course with the permission and instructions from our JM....

I'd say depends on the DZ, at my home DZ, I can approach the experts and ask them if I could jump with them, they find the time, and they are always willing to answer my questions or give me advise.

its the same in his (and mine) DZ.
but like you all know , there's usually a mental issue for new ppl to approach veterans and ask them to "waste their time"...

if you dont try, you won't get rejected but you wont get accepted either ;)

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

to ask people for an advice is one thing (i do), and to ask to jump with them (i don't do, yet) - is another. till now the only person i approach in order to jump with was Itzik Gershon - because i knew he was in my level. we talked about jumping together someday, and even ask permission from Mordi - because we both need to practice with other people and want to stop jump alone everytime. i'm asking people many times to advice me, or to teach me things I want to do, but still need their/ someone's explanation before...
falxori - you wrote here about approach veterans. today i can approach people, but as you know - most of the skydivers in our DZ do not do belly jumps (anymore), and when they r - they have their own closed team. i don't say it can't be found at all - see my case with the Atkin's (KINGS) which was great. but it's hard to find... for me it's still fun everytime though i jump belly - but for them (or you - the veterans) i'm afraid it's an unwanted thing anymore and maybe you don't enjoy it as i do.
am i right?
maybe the reason i didn't try to find other ppl till now - was that i hadn't the license nor the permission to jump with everyone i want. i hope now it'll be easier - this 'approaching' thing.

and if we r talking about approaching: Falxori - will YOU want to belly jump with meB|? (CrazyIvan - i'll tell you when i'll get your DZ:)

first of all i'm very far from being a veteran.
actually these days i do half freefly (alone, still learning) and half RW, with another guy who's about my level.

we still suck at RW and usually i chase him around the sky (from my point of view, ofcourse...;))
what Atkin's group did was great and i would have joined if it wasnt saturday at 8 am :S.

ofcourse you'll learn more with more experienced people, but there's nothing wrong with working with people in your level, as long as you keep it safe and plan the dive well.
did you take the basic RW course?
i think there is one this week.

O

no... and i won't be able to take the one this week - because of the army...:(
but i do counting on jumping with people in my level. although i know you'r up high above my level -you didn't answer to my quastion: would you/ you + your friend - jump RW with me? it can be more fun to chase even another man in the sky...:)is't it?

oh, the pressure :ph34r:

now seriously, the basic RW course will give important knowledge on technique and safety.

talk to me next time you see me there, we'll go over the basics and the safety issues.
and with Mordi's approval, i don't see a reason why not.

O

that's ok. it's not the pressure, it's the opportunity...:)i know thr RW course is important, but i just can't get to the DZ on Tuesdays...

if i'll see you there - i'll come to ask... be sure about that.

r u planing to get to the DZ next weekend (now that's what i call pressure:ph34r:)?
btw: did you do that RW course?

I did a few 2-way coach jumps yesterday and when I had to leave the coach recommended that I do some "2/3/4 ways with other novices" (Quote written in log book) to get some experience - he was more than happy with my skill level. Whilst I am also keen to jump with other more experienced jumpers and get some more coaching I don't see anything too hugely wrong with this. As long as we plan the jump and jump the plan - break off and track efficiently and give ourselves more time than more experienced jumpers I am sure that it is not an accident waiting to happen.

Other thoughts would be appreciated...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

At the DZ's I've jumped at I've been really lucky. I've never had to ask and experienced jumper to "waste a jump on me", they have always volunteered. There have been a few occasions when I told the other jumpers that I was going to do a solo and they would say "hey, why don't you join us?" B|

Kuper, listen to Casch and chris. I am new but in the same boat you are. I have 50+ jumps and I am at a small DZ. I have shown the verterans that I am serious about the sport, although fun is the name of the game. I ask them all the time to jump with me, and it is always no problem. They are in the sport for enjoyment, but also to pass along their expertise. Which is what I hope to be able to do someday. I also have two great friends who are at the DZ from Skydive Arizona, MArcus and Sarah. They are both young and say that they would be happing to be my docking dummy, and work with me anytime I would like. I also jump with two other novice jumpers, Preston and Oz. I try not to jump with the same person all the time. Having the ability to adapt to a different situation is great practice. I am far from even being fluid in the air, but I say "fuck it, it will come in time".

Blue skies and Ballz out!

"Make your plans dark and as inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tsu

rocket

guys, i'm happy for you - that you have all those DZs and all those good people. maybe it's the situation at my DZ too, but i just didn't try to find it till now... i hope that next time i'll jump it would be with other people around in the sky:)if not (and let's face it - i'll always have what to do alone): i'm going to practice my tracks, cause i want to: 1. measure the time alti. of my tracks (i'm going to look at the alti., get into a track, count 21-23 and look again... for cople of times , 2. try to do a track on my back. sounds fun, but i once had short time to spend, so i to tried this and the wind fold me like a leaf [:/] so i just got back to belly, looked at the view, at my alti., and pulled...

good luck and Blue sky everybody, and may we all jump with other people - novices and veterans...

I just did my first 3 way (jump 29) and had a great time until I rolled out of the formation and lost control. That didn't bother me, but I started getting low and while on my back I could see the other jumpers tracking off to pull altitude. I was already below them at my 4000 ft pull altitude and decided to track instead of pull.

I ended up pulling below the hard deck and really got chewed out and felt bad about the whole thing.

I still can't wait to get back up though. I think I want to try some BASE.

Words aren't real

i'm going to practice my tracks,

even when you go alone to try new things, talk to someone before.
there might be things you are not aware of yet.

for example, if you're going to track a lot, remember to do it 90 degrees to flight run (in your case either west or east), you don't wont to find yourself where others don't expect you ;)

O

i've already discussed it with some people in the dz, and beacuse of that i even try to do 'all' (we can still count them on one hand but who gives a !@#) my maneuvers with my face to the Carmel mountain. it's more easy to me to find a heading point on it than in the sea. although on sunsets u can't help staring to that opposit side of the jumping courseB|. but thanx anyway falxori! i always happy to hear more and learn more from good people who can teach me things...

falxory - i think i'm gonna be tomorrow (Friday) in the dz. will you be there ?

simple rules
big blue sea --> west
no sea --> east
half sea half no sea --> north and south ;)

not sure about tomorrow, got classes until noon and then we'll see...
which reminds me , time to go to sleep ...

and to all , a good night... B|

O