Althezad

Online Altitude Awareness Trainer

Hi everyone, I just started doing my AFF levels this month doing a couple per weekend. I was wobbling about on the floor practicing my arch when I figured it would be cool to see how have visual cue of long a jump would last. I threw together a little web app, if anyone is interested and would like to give me some feedback that would be cool.

Altimeter Web App

I think it is great that you are very interested in learning. I was trying to think of some practical way to use it if I were back at "day one".

Having it available as you practice a dive flow might have some value. I opened the page with my Iphone and the image is so large that I could not get to the Start button. So that was a bust. Maybe I just don't know enough about the phone based browser, but I could not zoom out nor pan. If you had it so it would work on a phone, you could lay it beside you will you flopped around on the floor. :)

I used an altimeter trainer in FFC that was a timer with a dial like an alitmeter. So, your basic idea is valid.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

BigMark

On my PC laptop it stuck at 4500, then the dial moved again but way slower. Cool concept but the way it is now you would have people bouncing.

No need to bounce!!.. if you are still in freefall and YOUR altimeter is not changing What are YOUR EPs?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Ya know... I like it. I think it has potential for each of the AFF Dive Flows.
On my PC, I'd like to see it centered.
On the left side, one gets to choose AFFI-VII and then to the right side of the altimeter; it has the dive flow steps.
It would also be nice to if it would randomly (on occasion) come up with the types of parachute malfunctions, along with the appropriate clock speed & altitude loss so one can practice their EP's.

Well Done.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Good work. Work out the bugs and keep at it. From a fellow programmer, I'm digging it. Would be nice if it worked in Safari mobile for iPhone. If you want to collaborate let me know (I have some mobile platform experience and more). Good luck!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

wicodefly

Good work. Work out the bugs and keep at it. From a fellow programmer, I'm digging it. Would be nice if it worked in Safari mobile for iPhone. If you want to collaborate let me know (I have some mobile platform experience and more). Good luck!

Looks like it is working on my iPhone 5 in portrait mode. Landscape mode does not. Cool though!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

BigMark

On my PC laptop it stuck at 4500, then the dial moved again but way slower. Cool concept but the way it is now you would have people bouncing.

I would think that that 'feature' is to simulate that the main was opened at 4500 ft and the slower descent is under a good canopy.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

MakeItHappen

***On my PC laptop it stuck at 4500, then the dial moved again but way slower. Cool concept but the way it is now you would have people bouncing.

I would think that that 'feature' is to simulate that the main was opened at 4500 ft and the slower descent is under a good canopy.

Yes, but to be realistic, the student should have to do something (toss a pilot-chute or tap a button on his iPhone) before the altimeter slows down.
I also like the idea of introducing random canopy malfunctions.