Magistr8

Boogies and Newbies

Some boogies like WFFC require a min of 50, but I sugest that until you are ready to be in the air with 35 other canopies, pulling at 3000 or under and have the landing in a backyard thing down... other smaller scale boogies are better bets. Some boogies like the ones at SDA, CSS, and Summerfest some times have plenty of excess staff to help a lower jump jumper fit in and get on stuff while maintaining their level of saftey.

The size of the boogie is a big factor in the jump experience you need.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Depends what you want to do, if you are going for something specific like balloon jumps
or stuff that requires a set amount of jumps, then maybe you might need to re-consider.
I went to Spain to finish my AFF just before the annual christmas boogie started,
my initial concerns was the amount of air traffic, separation etc.... mainly because of my low jump numbers.

But if you are up for having fun...just go ;)
I will be going back for the easter boogie in April with my 53 jumps.....my only concerns this time ?

That it will not be as awesome as the last one. B|

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

I think it also completely depends on the boogie. The Jack, Off to Perris boogie at Perris last week was held at a normal dropzone, you could exit last if you were going to pull higher, and you had the normal size landing area, but you got $15 jumps, helicopter, balloon, and DC-3 jumps were available, great organizers, etc. So you just have to find out what all the boogies are about..........
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

Thanks to the both of you. I just wanted to go on a trip somewhere next year and hit up some cool boogies and dropzones when I go away next year. I should have about 60 - 70 jumps when I get to where I am going.

Thanks for the heads up. maybe next time I do look up in the sky, you'll be there.;)

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte