homer

It's Official!!!

The second annual cancer survivors boogie will be held at Spaceland on Tuesday April 29- Thursday May 1, 2003 followed by the POPS 60+ way Texas state record attempts Friday May 2- Sunday May 4,2003. There are already 42 registered cancer survivors signed up.:)

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Was that a boogie that they wrote up in Parachutists this year? It sounds like a really positive boogie to go to.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Was that a boogie that they wrote up in Parachutists this year? It sounds like a really positive boogie to go to.

Yes, and a good time was had by all. I suggest that anyone, cancer survivor or not, come to the event. Tony did a great job organizing the event and the positive vibe was like electricity. Not to mention how nice it was to meet other cancer survivors and share experiences. Only another survivor can relate to the humor and the sorrow experienced while going through cancer treatments. It was great meeting all those people that had the same fighting spirit I had. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Well, since I'm well over 25, and no I won't tell my real age, I'd be willing to do the rental and we can split the cost.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

What a great idea, thanks. That would sure save Tony some time, since he's so busy trying to organize the event. (last time the event happen, poor Tony spent more time picking and dropping jumpers off at the airport.) Not to mention save some of us out of towners money on car rentals.;)

Spaceland just built bunkrooms a while back, but you'll have to buy expensive supplies from a C-store since Spaceland is in BFE. Waller (SD H-town) is a bit better off with having stores close by, but it doesn't really have bunk rooms.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Spaceland just built bunkrooms a while back, but you'll have to buy expensive supplies from a C-store since Spaceland is in BFE. Waller (SD H-town) is a bit better off with having stores close by, but it doesn't really have bunk rooms.

Oh, c'mon...Waller was comfy. I slept in a nice, leather, warm....ohhh...wait a minute. That was my car I slept in. Nevermind.;)

I did have a lot of fun at Waller, though and will definitely have to hit it again this winter when the weather is freezing in OK.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™