SkymonkeyONE

GK black and gold weekend

In case any of you servicemembers didn't know, this is black and gold weekend at Raeford. The GK's throw this meet annually as a sort of recruiting tool and general gesture of their goodwill toward "other than GK" military skydivers. The meet is comprised of 4-way sequential, 8-way speed RW, and accuracy. Jumps all weekend long are FREE to active duty, reservists, and guardsmen. Bring your ID card, a rig with a CYPRES (I am pretty sure they are mandatory at this meet), and beer money. Those not interested in competing can get free skydives plus coaching from members of the Golden Knights. If you are ANYWHERE near here by foot, car, train, or airline, you ought to come out and take advantage of it. Non-military folks can also take advantage of free organizing (but no free skydives, sorry), plus our school and regular jump operations will be in full effect.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
Raeford Parachute Center
USASOC parachute team
GB Sport Parachute Activity

gotta question,
can you show up any day of the boogie to get the benefits of a military jumper or can I show up on sunday or monday? I just had shoulder surgery and dont know how it will feel, I don't want to drive from Va Beach and find out if I cant jump after a 5 hour drive.
thank you
Mish

I'll save you a lawn chair, a bottle of tequila, and a box of kleenex. Post yourself on the beer line and enjoy!

PM me your phone number (again) and I'll call you when I find out the answer. I'll be out there tomorrow doing AFF, all day Saturday, and not sure about Monday. Get well, will ya!?!?

John

Well, they have flown over 30 free otter loads, as many Porter loads, and the 4-way meet went off without a hitch. They are doing 8-way speed today, but I am in Houston, so I am missing it. My 4-way team tied for second, but the silver went to some airforce test jumpers because they did better in the last round (which we funnelled completely and only scored a 5 on).

Chuck

Just a quick note to say that MY 8-way team, "8-up", kicked that ass and took the gold medal in 8-way speed. Those poor 82nd boys didn't know what hit them! Even in my absence, the pick-up monkeys kicked that GK ass. I say that because over half the "82nd" team are actually really assigned to the GKs. Can I get a big "skymonkeys rule the w0rld" ?

chuckie