skycat

Skydive The Rockies - November 9-10 & 23-24

This was over in talkback but this is a much better place to post it.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hey all you CO jumpers, well and anyone who wants to come up or down depending where you are.

Skydive The Rockies will have a caravan both weekends. Can you say goodie....big door!

Anyway for those that have never been there, they have a large flat landing area, and as far as I can tell with no cactus. There may be some if you land off, but I've lucked out and not had to find out.

As a bonus I've managed to talk our own hooknswoop into giving a little seminar each Saturday night covering things such as canopy control, gear maintenance, tracking, ect...

So come on down and join us, it should be a good time.

Also to add to this, we are looking at getting some rooms at the hotel in canon city. If anyone is interested PM BPS for details. Since it looks like we are going to have a good turn out I will be bringing my imfamous jell-o shots so you may need that room more than you think :P
Fly it like you stole it!

canopy seminar.jpg

I hope to be there next weekend and possibly the weekend of the 23rd/24th as well.

Assuming there is jumping in the state tomorrow, I'm torn as to where to go. Mile-Hi is the closest to where I live, though it's questionable as to how much jumping a fun jumper can actually do there where the tandem factory is not in production. Brush may be the logical choice mainly because it's a closer drive than Canon City or Calhan. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Kelli

Did you and Hook jump today at Skydive the Rockies? If so, how was it?

Things got off to a slow start today thanks to some fog, but I did manage to get on four of the seven loads at Mile-Hi (plus I got my "B" License application faxed in). So it was a successful day for me. :$ Also, weather and work permiting I am planning on being down in Canon City next weekend and I will try and recruite a friend to come along and jump as well. So hopefully I'll see you guys next week. I'm looking forward to jumping out of a Caravan for the first (oops beer) time. :)

Derek left for a BASE jumping trip today after the last load, so I decided to not drive down there cause bringing 2 cars is just silly. :(

I know they got 6 loads in yesterday, and I'm possitive they had a bunch today. I know you are worried that if they don't have students you won't get on a load but that isn't how it works down there. Actually Bob hopes alot of fun jumpers come out then he can do back to backs with alternating student loads and fun jumper loads. Ok maybe it's more he just loves flying that caravan, but who cares, we get to jump jump jump.

Btw...grab me and I'll take you sit flying, maybe Derek will even let me jump the video camera. B|

Btw...grab me and I'll take you sit flying, maybe Derek will even let me jump the video camera. B|

Where can I grab you? ;) Seriously, jumping with you sounds cool (especially if you have a camera). I still have a way to go before I can say that I'm good, but I think I made some real progress today with my sit flying. Several times I found myself in a nice sit position. Now if I can only be more consistent. :S

me and prephect where at sdtr on sat. got 3 loads up before the clouds came back in.... kelli, if derek say no to you jumpin his camera your more than welcome to jump mine,, that is if my protec will fit you...

Ok update for the weekend.

Email from Bob @ STR

Hi folks!

There are a few people who have expressed an interest in jumping this Friday. If we get enough bodies we can run the Caravan and if not we run the 206's. :-( Please email me if you want to participate. I'll need to know no later than Thursday night at 8PM.

If you have any questions please call (719)265-9161 or email me. Thanks again and Blue Skies!

Bob Pierotti
Owner/Operator
Skydive The Rockies
(719)265-9161

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also as long as there are 3 people out there they will pull out one of the 206s and send up a load, if there are 8 they will start up the caravan. Actually they will do this anyday of the week you just probably would want to call them and let them know you are coming.

Anyway, Derek and I will be there Friday, which I guess means I better get my butt in gear tonight and make those jello shots.
Kelli

Weather permitting I am hoping to be there for Saturday and Sunday, but the Whuffo boss just wouldn't understand if I asked for Friday off as well. Besides, I need to save what's left of my work vacation days for Eloy in December.

See y'all on Saturday. B|

me and isreall will be there sat after he gets done with some stupid inspection he has to do... probly around 1030 or so........alas, he has to go back to ther academy though......

Sweet!!! B|

I put the jello shots in the fridge about 2 hrs ago so they will be ready for some drunken debauchery.

Well here is the weather, but usually this isn't very accurate cause the winds can be haulling everywhere else in the state and in that little valley it is as dead as can be. So no matter what, Derek will be doing his seminar and we be partying at the DZ and in Canon City for the night.

Saturday 11/9
Windy and mild with a blend of sun and clouds
High 64 °F
Low 29°F
Winds: W 22 mph

Sunday 11/10
Limited sunshine
High 52 °F
Low 24°F
Winds: NNE 9 mph

we can also celebrate that I'm offically a Coloradan, just got my new drivers license and tags for my car. :D

Kelli

we can also celebrate that I'm offically a Coloradan, just got my new drivers license and tags for my car.

finaly... what has it been like 6 months since ya moved up here......don't worry, i'm stii an ohio resident and have lived here almost a year......but that won't cange no matter where i live....besides residents pay way to much for liscenc plates.. i only payed 30 bucks..........

Hello Everyone --

To Kelli: My apologies for not making it down Saturday and Saturday night (I was the one who suggested the hotel party in the first place and then couldn't make it down). But I think we all made up for it at our extended stay/drinking session at the Outback and Chili's the night after.

And to Wingnut and CanuckinUSA: It was awesome meeting both of you -- and a big thank you for the jumps! Canuck -- next time we meet up let's do a sit-fly together...the winds averted my plans of doing one with you late in the afternoon.

Blue Skies,

Bryan

Hey Bryan

I'll be back in a few weeks when the planets align, the weather cooperates and the whuffo boss doesn't want me at work on a weekend. yada ... yada ... yada ...

I actually felt that SDTR would be a great place to do some RW with people (I had a chance to make the 5-way on Sunday a 6-way), but I was determined to make some progress with my sits and low and behold, I did two of my best sits to date while I was there. So I'd be happy to do a RW or free fly jump with you guys again. I wish you guys and the Caravan were closer (as you guys were way more friendly than most of the people I have met at MHSD), but you're not. :S

Later dude ... ;)

It doesn't look like I'll be needed at work this weekend B| so I am thinking of coming down on Saturday for some jumping and afterwards to listen to what Hook has to say in his canopy seminar. But the weather is questionable on Sunday. :S