PhreeZone

Thanksgiving at CSS

Well, after numerous requests, all the information I could get out of them was this:
11/27-12/1
Scrambles Thanksgiving Day
Balloon jumps Saturday $75 call for details
Big ways sat and sun
No registration fee
$16 jumps
Turkey dinner Thanksgiving day, $12 reserve by 11/22
RW Organizers Angry Beez and Torstein Valen of Deland Norgies
FF organizer Andy Honigbaum
Big way organizer Jim Smith
Band for Sat pm, Westwind band

No info on vendors or anything else
Hope this helps some[:/]

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Finally, SOME information about this years Turkey Boogie. :)

Balloon jumps Saturday $75 call for details

Mmm... Balloon jumps, sweet!

Anyone know what the weather is like this time of year? Is it safe to camp, or are we better off staying in the fleabag motel up the road?

Oh, and I'll be heading down there with a few people from CK I think.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed at the lack of attention to it on their site, and my repeated emails took a week to answer. >:( Weather now is highs in the 60s lows in the 30s. I can give you a better outlook closer to time. The ballon jump thing, well, if I were you I would call before planning anything. There is plenty of camping room, just depends on how temperature tolerant you are. On a side note, I was planning to bring my rv for anyone to crash in, but they tell me there are no more hookups......interesting since they were first come first serve >:(

I'm told the weather is okay for camping... of course, being Canadian, I could be misleading you! ;)

A bunch of us from the Great White will be there! Please introduce yourselves to me - looking forward to meeting some of you dot.comers. (I'll be the freeflyer in red & white)

Cheers,
CanEHdian

Time's flying, and so am I...
(69-way, 108-way and 138/142-way Freefly World Records)

I don't have the number, I just know that if you take a right at the hotel that CSS is about 2 miles (maybe a few more) down the road. At least that's what I remember. I think it's a budget inn. Maybe someone local to CSS can post the info.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Oh hey look, on November 12th they add the Thanksgiving boogie to their website :S

On the bottom of the page, if you click on the link, you can get to the hotel links, or a really cool jumperchick may just post a link ;)
http://www.skydivecss.homestead.com/accomodations.html
but not with any of that fancy schmancy 'click here' stuff :P

Just a quick note to say that I have not been to either an Easter or Thanksgiving boogie at CSS where at least one day wasn't a complete wash. High winds, rain, or both have been the standard on at least Sunday, sometimes as early as Saturday afternoon. There is a LOT of room to camp at CSS and I have always been able to snake a power cord somewhere. If you have REAL overhead cover (like an RV), then you will be fine. If not, you may want to consider the hotel option.

As for the skydiving, it's great. Lots of people to jump with and plenty of turbines to fall out of. There are generally a good crowd of vendors on hand also.

Just my observations.

Chuck

yeah, thanksgiving at CSS was a great time last year... but i thought i was going to die... in my tent on the first night. It's too cold to tent alone without and electric blanket or heater. And besides, the wind on the tent makes you think the sky is falling... i got up to look outside a few times to make sure my tent and I didn't land in Oz... But the skydiving was great!

*sigh* Well, with the brakes having to be replaced in my car it was looking iffy for us going anyway (reserve repack $$ we coulda used *sniffle*) then the boss tells me that I will probably need to work Thanksgiving Day through the weekend then travel possibly the next week around NC. That figures.

Woulda loved to finally get a balloon jump with my honey! It was the only one I skipped at WFFC when he broke his leg so we could at least have one jump together as a first ... he hasn't even done a CASA or Heli yet, at least I got those!

I just got back from Thanksgiving dinner and I am sad to report that I am sick as a dog!

Dude - You're supposed to refrigerate the stuffing right away, otherwise it turns to poison.

How you feel better soon.

Patrick
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342