beavdog

wolmari pack

I have been trying to find some info on the Wolmari packing method. All the links in past threads havent been working. I was wondering if anyone had any links or info on this packing method.

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

I don't know any links about that packing method, but maybe I can help, I've used wolmari pack since I got my sabre, it's an easier method to stuff a zero-p canopy in bag..

It's simple, you pack as you were packing a pro-pack, but when you lay down your canopy, you don't stuff fabric under the canopy, you just squeeze the air out of it and make it a triangle, then fold the sides of the triangle in the center. (see poorly drawn picture) Then you proceed with your packing as you were doing a pro pack...

Hope that helps...

wolmar.jpg

In my experience as a packer, when a canopy lays out like that on the ground (triangle shape), there are lines running on the outside edges that need to be "rolled" back to the center (I don't think I can explain it very well, but you grab the lines grouped together on the edges through the fabric and roll it all to the middle using a circular motion). Folding the canopy in like that would fold the lines over too, which could burn the canopy on opening and maybe lead to a line over.

Am I off base with my concerns here?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I just saw your drawing of the wolmari and would have to say that its kinda wrong, one of the golden rules I was told when I was learning to pack was to never mix the right side with the left side of the canopy cause that can cause a mal line over and have scary openings.

Take a look at my sketch. Wolmari is almost like normal propack.

edit line: I saw it in 2 different web pages if thats not wolmari please do tell me.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

wolmari pack.jpg

See also Brent finleys page which describes a 'modified wolmari' type packing technique....
http://www.brentfinley.com/packing2.htm

And check out some cool snaps while your there...;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

That's the way I do mine Drenaline. I didn't know it had a name! Just had Merrick show it to me once. I don't S-fold mine either tho after that so I'm not sure how that works out. I do it a little different to get it in the bag (which is a struggle for me sometimes with my small hands and I had a pretty new Sabre).

Pam

I tried but I guess I was just too dumb to use the archive...

Hi Erno, try this long one:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010827230643/http://www.parasale.com/wolmari/wpages/wolmarpack.html>

There is the beer line somewhere under that snow... [:/]
villem
life is what you make it to be
http://www.youtube.com/villu357
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skybound

Psycho packing compared to regular propacking does NOT change how it opens, it is just a different way to put the canopy in the bag. All the steps used to effect the openings (baring bite size, etc) was already done before you set the canopy down on the ground.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I couldn't get this to open completely. Are the folds over the canopy with the roll still on the ground or is the canopy flipped over like a psycho pack? I appreciate the input.

They are folded over the canopy, see the link in wonko's post, or if you can't open it, go see my poorly drawn pic in the start of the thread.

Psycho packing compared to regular propacking does NOT change how it opens....

Like the ag-man says, all things being equal psycho vs pro pack open exactly the same. The only reall difference is whether it is S fodled or rolled down.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*