ltdiver

Upcoming Snohomish BASE site??

Having jumped at Harvey Airfield, I'm glad to hear that these 8 radio antennas most likely will fail in their bid to be built near this skydiving center....however do you think that if they are approved will it lead to BASE in the area??B|

See: Snohomish

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Um...

It's generally considered to be very poor BASE etiquette to name sites, or give even approximate locations, in a public forum. There have been several accidents, and a few fatalities, resulting from people without proper preparation or equipment finding out about sites through internet discussions, and attempting to jump them.

I probably sound like I'm overreacting, and I apologize for that. I just wanted to make sure that you knew the general feeling among BASE jumpers about site naming.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom,

Your warning is probably one more people should know about, so thanks to bringing it to everyone's attention. In this specific instance however keep in mind that these towers haven't been built and don't look like they are going to be. Nobody can get hurt or killed jumping off a beaurocratic cancellation. I think it was simply a joke.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Your warning is probably one more people should know about, so thanks to bringing it to everyone's attention.

That's why I posted. I figured that this non-object thread was a good way to explain BASE site naming etiquette without actually worrying about real sites. :)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com