waster

Packing

As I am a skint student i need more money. I was just wondering whether i can earn from packing even if i don't have a packing certificate. I pack the rig i use every time i jump it, but haven't got round to getting my packing certificate yet. Anybody know whether i can get some money from packing anyway?

In Canada you can get your packing endorsement before you have a CoP. A MINIMUM of 10 'supervised and approved ' pack jobs on student gear and you're in. Perhaps the BPA is the same?

Of course you need the DZO to WANT you to work there ... the best bet is to ask - and to promise to spend all your earnings on more jumps :P (Like I have to tell you THAT)

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I think you need 20 pack jobs on student kit (with the 4 check stages passed by someone who has it already), then you do a packing test with a very tangled and twisted rig. I did the one for my own kit recently, and it took me the best part of an hour just to untangle my cut-away main.
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

Oh yeah, you can earn some decent money packing (don't expect to run off and buy that Bently just yet, though).

It also depends on the size of your DZ, how many packs you can do in an hour and if you pack tandems. I get $5 for a sport pack/student pack and $10 for a tandem. Some weekends I make great money, some weekends not so much (just like making money anywhere else in skydiving).

Let me put it this way, I made enough $$ one weekend to buy a new PD reserve, for the rig I was putting together.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."