3fLiEr

USPA dropzones

It's simple really.

Imagine a DZ that didn't follow the basic rules, a DZ where fatalities were common and accidents even more so. Such a DZ would be shut down in a heart-beat by the local authorities, jumpers would have no where to go. It is in the DZ's and the jumper's best interests to adhere to at least basic safety regulations.

The USPA doesn't actually regulate ALL of the sport skydiving in the US, rather they lobby the government on behalf of the Group Member dropzones and USPA Member skydivers to keep us in the air, but they don't have the power to shut down a DZ's operations.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

The governmental rules and regs are mercifully light. God knows the rest of our lives are manipulated and regulated and prohibited FAR beyond reason.

But in skydiving, the USPA is a voluntary organization with internal rules for its members. Don't want to follow USPA rules? Don't join. Make your own rules. If they're pleasant and functional, people will frequent your DZ. Otherwise they'll go somewhere else. Simple enough.

Now if only the rest of our lives were this rational.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

i think there is some problem with insurances with that (i may be wrong) i heard of a guy (who we both know) who tried this and got some real headaches coz he wanted nothing to do with the B an P arachuting A ltogether............

Be Safe.........

Cya

:ph34r:

My DZ is'nt a USPA member and we are proud of it. US regs are different in that all you have to do to open a DZ is have an insured airplane and a pilot and you basically are off and going.

Granted, we've only been open for 42 years. Some as a USPA member, most recently as a non-member. It works the same on either way.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Just curious but in the UK a dropzone can not function without BPA affiliation or approval (or something like that!) are there any DZ’s in the US that function outside the scope of the USPA?

Be safe

:ph34r:

BPA = "Ban Parachuting Altogether", I'm told.