tadbad

L.A. Area Dropzones

I just found out I am going to be in L.A. in a couple weeks for business. I would love to get a couple jumps in out there. Can anyone recommed where I should go? Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------
When you're going to extremes...you taste adrenaline!!

I'd also recommend Perris and Elsinore.

They both have a slightly different vibe. Perris can get you on loads quicker and has more to offer in the way of freefly and big-way RW. Elsinore can offer you a little bit better 4-way RW experience.

Drive times will vary depending on exactly where you're coming from and exactly what time of day you make the drive. Figure an hour and a half from downtown LA at 6 am on a Saturday. Figure up to as much as twice that long getting back on Sunday night.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Woohoo...I just got confirmation that I can go out 2 days early to jump!!! So, I will be out in LA December 7 - 9 just to jump!! Where do you guys suggest I go....considering I am new and only have 27 jumps so far.

I just jumped out in LA for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't get to jump at Elsinore because it was overcast, but my experience at Perris was great. You have 2 days, why don't you go to both?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's a great idea! I didn't realize how close they were to each other. I must say...the fact that the IHOP at Perris has a jacuzzi is certainly drawing me there!!

I was planning on sticking with RW for awhile...but tried sitflying this past weekend and I am hooked. I am really just looking to learn anything anyone will teach me!!

I think I might be leaning more towards staying at Perris. Anyone wanna help show me around? ;)

I think I might be leaning more towards staying at Perris. Anyone wanna help show me around? ;)

c'mon down, i'll show ya around! this place is a total blast, and i'm the resident tour guide! B|

and i'm sure skymama'll vouch for my always being on my *best* behavior! :D

steve

I think I might be leaning more towards staying at Perris. Anyone wanna help show me around?

Hey Tadbad, just show up at Perris and ask for me. I would gladly show you around and introduce you to jumpers and load organizers. You can also call me at the manifest office at (909) 657-3904. I'll answer any questions or help in any way that I can. See you at Perris!

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant

Thank you so much Jack! I am really looking forward to jumping at Perris and meeting all kinds of wonderful new friends! I will make sure to find you when I get in town!

Karla

Hey Tadbad, just show up at Perris and ask for me.

Jack may not skydive any more, but he's still pretty good at swoopin' (the new chicks). ;)

Seriously, you can't go too wrong with having Jack show you around and introduce you to people.
quade -

Jack may not skydive any more, but he's still pretty good at swoopin' (the new chicks).

Yep, nothing like having an old grey haired man swooping the hot chicks. I hate to say this, but I have kids older than most of you. Now, where is my walker....

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant

Yep, nothing like having an old grey haired man swooping the hot chicks. I hate to say this, but I have kids older than most of you.

Why DON'T you swoop WITH us young 'uns anymore?

And yes, you do have a few handsome young kids (but I don't see that stopping you!) ;)
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

Oh, BTW, Perris has a rockin' bar at night.

I met a skydiver at Perris that was moaning about how tame it was afterhours. He said, "They threw out a couch the other day and didn't even set it on fire. That pretty much sums it up."

elsinore just set up a tiki bar, but i havnt seen it since chiks rock boogie, so i have no idea if they're licenced to get people ripped or not......

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

The Elsinore Tiki Bar (as of last weekend) was being used to serve up burgers during some of the daylight hours and as a counter for pizza and beer after sunset, but at no time did I see a bartender.

The lighting is just about right for a nice mellow evening discussion with friends, but I can't say it was rockin' at any time. Maybe by the next special event it will be, but my guess is not by the weekend of December 7.
quade -