outofit

skydiving fatalities page

You have the right page.
FYI, I e-mailed Byron (I hope that I got his name right) about 5 months ago. He responded with a very nice reply and was sorry he could not keep the data base up to date. I got the feeling he was going through some major changes at the time.

Anyway, it is too bad he has either got too busy or could not get enough sponsorship to keep the DB up to date.
When I got back into the sport I fell across his site. He helped me to understand what (new) risks I was taking getting back after 20 + years by maintaining this site. He helped me, whether he realized it or not, pick the equipment I am now jumping by showing me what was happening in the sport today.
I truly hope he is finds the resources he needs to get things back up to date. IMHO he did a professional job of putting together data in a clean and understandable way.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The difference between www.skydivingfatalities.com (Barry and Eric's site and www.skydivingfatalities.info (my site) is explained on the front page. Briefly though, a lot of the data on my site came from Barry's when I first made a queryable version, but I've been keeping it more uptodate recently, and adding other information such as Governing body findings, the names of the deceased. I also intend to add more historical information pre-dating Barry's

I'm suprised this thread has been allowed to stay here. Expect it to be moved now I've made a fuss.