CrazyIvan

Audibles choice

A Pro-Dytter if you just want something that beeps, a Pro-Track if you'd like to have the other features. All in all L&B makes some great products and their customer service is one of the best in the industry, bar-none.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

A Pro-Dytter if you just want something that beeps, a Pro-Track if you'd like to have the other features. All in all L&B makes some great products and their customer service is one of the best in the industry, bar-none.

I hate to respond to a post and just say "me too," but I gotta do that and offer a big thumbs up to any L&B product. I have had a couple of regular Ditters, and now have a Pro-Track. L&B makes great products and they have amazing customer support.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Affordability is not the issue, I just like to get stuff that I'M GOING TO USE, not wasting money in bells and whistles that I'll never gonna try/use.

I thank you guys for your time.

(I mentioned that affordability is not the issue, but don't think I have money...for the record...I'M BROKE :P )

had this dilema recently.
if i had more $$ i might have gone with the pro-track (cool features) but since i don't :( (and also had to get a helmet) i went with the pro-dytter.

its doing its job and for now, i'll live without knowing my speed, and i'll have to fill in the blanks in my logbook manually...
O

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Hey, if I didn't have a pro-track, I wouldn't know that I went 205 yesterday with my buddy Jim in a very nice, stable linked head down.

The pro-track is worth the extra bucks.;)

Oh, and I dropped mine from 14K, found it a week later out in the pasture, and it works fine. Very tough stuff!

Oh, and I dropped mine from 14K, found it a week later out in the pasture, and it works fine. Very tough stuff!

Phwew!!!, lucky you it landed on pasture and not MANURE :P

Any Larsen and Brusgaard product....specifically the ProTrack.

L and B have the absolute best customer service hands down. That is worth its weight in jump tickets.

My ProTrack rocks and its worth the $270 bucks or so to get one.

blues,
arlo:ph34r:

OK, just to stir it up a little bit, why go with L&B over the Parasport Italia stuff, particularly the Skytronic FX. Same features for less money, right?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

if your a numbers and graphs freak then you'll want the pro-track...believe me you will USE every bell and whistle once you see what they do...

i LOVE my pro-track...B|

OK, just to stir it up a little bit, why go with L&B over the Parasport Italia stuff, particularly the Skytronic FX. Same features for less money, right?

great customer service is of utmost importance to me as a consumer. if i find a company that takes care of its customers, i will use them even if the price is a little bit higher. too, i can comment on the protrack since i have one.
i do make it a point to carry the owners manual in my gear bag since there are some features i don't use often, but if i need to, its right there for me (or others)to read.

blues,
arlo:ph34r:

Only cool thing the Protrak does it let you set the first beep as high as you want to go. I've had it beep at 9500 before on a RW/CRW jump. Nice and high to turn a point or so with out lacking RW skills then break and toss at 8500. The Dytter only lets you go up to about 6000 feet.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Any ideas if / when L&B will bring out a pro track that will log more than 119 seconds off freefall? It seems like a good idea with the amount of birdmen around now
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

don't think I have money...for the record...I'M BROKE

You can get used old style Time Out audibles cheaply if you just want something as an altitude warning device. They are loud and you can set the upper beep at 500ft intervals.

I use one as a backup to my Protrack (which I would definately recommend when you can afford it).

Any ideas if / when L&B will bring out a pro track that will log more than 119 seconds off freefall? It seems like a good idea with the amount of birdmen around now

Beats me. Although L&B do have outstanding customer service, their website is hardly ever updated...[:/] That's something they should improve on.

And while we're at it, here's another thread about L&B and Protrack...

If you think you might get into wingsuit flying or speed skydiving then you'll love playing with the extra features of the ProTrack.

Unless there's a really compelling reason not to, then buy L&B. I've never contacted L&B about a problem with my ProDytter/ProTrack (they've never gone wrong) but I have emailed them with some technical questions and they've always responded very quickly and seem genuinely happy to help me out.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I've had the same "time out" for about 6/7 years and never had a problem with it. It beeps when its supposed to and thats good enough for me. I always hear it, you don't turn it on/off, you can adjust it on the ride to altitude. It also survived a terminal landing at Ampuria and helpfully bleepd so I could find it!

Who cares if you went 120 mph on dive #500 but went 122mph on #501!! So what!!

Its very funny when people walk in off the landing area after pulling a little low and the CCI just asks to look at their pro track!!
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk