JohnnyD

Who changed their board member vote after reading on this forum?

Reading these forums has swayed my vote both for a candidate and against a candidate. I think it has been very compelling and truly a service to the skydiving community to allow us to talk directly to some of the BOD candidates. I am merely curious if others feel the same way.

I observed the dialogue as it evolved here and, like you, swayed me to vote for one person whom I initially wasn't going to, and visa versa.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I hadn't known of some of the issues, and knew of only one of the personalities. I was going to vote, but it has helped me decide who I was going to vote for.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

If anything, it let me know exactly who I'm NOT voting for.

Actually, the "who to NOT vote for" information was the most enlightening. We had a guy passing out ballots at our dz. Because of the postings, there was universal agreement. It was decided that a candidate who offends people via the internet is probably worthless in person. Lots of people without exposure to the candidates were thankful for the thread.

Sorry, already voted before the topic appeared on the NG. However, the vote I sent it would still be the one I'd send in today. Confirmation on what entries I decided were solidified.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

yeah, I'd have to agree. I know who I'm not voting for after reading the posts.

It was good to listen to the people running.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I too was one of the voters that has already sent my ballot in. After reading the forums I knew I had voted the right way :)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I am willing to stick my neck out and say that I believe that the noisiest candidates have the noisiest supporters in places like this and rec dot, but when the votes are counted we will find that the majority of voters support candidates with less extreme views and less extreme ways of expressing them. Nothing I read here changed my mind in any way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I am willing to stick my neck out and say that I believe that the noisiest candidates have the noisiest supporters in places like this and rec dot, but when the votes are counted we will find that the majority of voters support candidates with less extreme views and less extreme ways of expressing them. Nothing I read here changed my mind in any way.

The noisiest candidates may have the noisiest supporters, but they also have the largest number of quiet detractors. There are a large number of people who I know who quit reading the wreck because of the negativity. For most of us, skydiving is about fun. Talking online is about fun. A little knowlege mixed in is nice. The wreck devolved into a nightmare of misinformation and anger.

I quit reading it a long time ago after a thread about the use of helmets and altimeters actually encouraged a newbie to not use either. I thought that it was a dangerous type of thing to encourage among the inexperienced. People on the dz remembered that discussion and encouraged others to avoid a candidate who would say something of that nature.

Not that many people read the wreck anymore. It has lost its information value almost totally.

I had already voted when I started reading the forum, but all it did was confirm me in the votes I did make. I think I would have voted for one more ND than the 6 I did vote for, because I learned some good things about one of the candidates.

And billvon, you are right! This forum *is* changing the skydiving world for the better. Good luck on the 300 way, I am watching your posts with a little anxiety and a lot of interest!

DJan