midwaychris

freeflier bellyflier?

so everyone starts on there belly and as they progress they find styles rw crw freeflyin base funjumper etc, my question is when you belly fly are labeled a bellyflier and never asked to participate in any freefly jumps or vice versa.are there cliques formed for freefliers bellyfliers and any true anamositey towards one another? in my eyes we are all skydivers with many different styles looks and attiudes any inputs? 10 jumps and 10 to go woohoo! thanks for input. Blueskies Safedives...

Hell yeah, cliques are formed by freeflyers and belly fliers. Sometimes going to a new DZ and getting on hooked up with others to play with can be intimidating if there are not load organizers due to cliques, but mostly its just because they don't know you or your abilities.
In my travels I've learned to be very extroverted and have been known to stand in the middle of a hangar and introduce myself loudly when looking for folks to jump with.
I've never seen any real animosity towards each other as a group, a little tension if the exit order/separation or ect gets screwed up. In general we poke fun at each other or get together and do hybrids. Most times at your home DZ other jumpers know what discipline you prefer and if you only do one why ask? I get around quite a bit and when I'm looking for people to play with they just ask what I prefer to do and what my abilities are.
I personally do both, I dig RW and freefly so I seldom get left out of the fun:)

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Thanks for your reply, from my last post you know iam just a baby in this sport (with my massive 10 jumps haha) made my first jump 4yrs ago. forgive my rambling but i love this thing i found skydiving.unfortunately unforseen obstacles seem to come my way from time to time but at the back of my mind the sky is always calling, and i pursue it every time i can. My home dz is skydive chicago,and have been there enough times even when i can not jump to soak up the good vibes. but have noticed some seperation from certain disciplines but a basic unity among one another,i feel lucky to have chosen such a great dropzone i have had all sorts of people approach me to jump with them untill they find im still a student.which is still great for tips they give me and encouragement,also invites after i completed afp, i feel like i found what i have always been looking for. P.S. my last 4 jumps are on a safphire 150 i weigh 145 .all stand up landings from what ive read and heard this is not common,my transition from sabre170 to safphire150 was scary nearly boofed the landing got ground rush last 50 feet due to the downward surge so it seemed to me that i started to panic and reached out with my strong arm to break my impending hard hit ,but the flare planed out, last second back up with low toggle even out toggles ground foot bent knee face snap spine up right and stood it up.not the prettiest landing but it worked. 3 more safphire150 landings later all stand up.some experinced jumpers seemed shocked, whatda think? thanks for your time. BLUESKIES SAFEDIVES.