Squeak

not sure what to title this

OK well as some of you know I'm in the process of trying to sort out what to bye as my pre2nd rig.
I understand that some of you lot work in the industry.
I was hoping that you may be able to tell me what your facilaties have in stock that would be suitable for me.
5'9" 165lbs medium build
apparently good canopy skills for number of jumps done. would like a 150-170^2 foot main and relatively recent container, preferably less that 6 years old.
If this post is in the wrong area I appologise, if it's not allowed, then, moderators please delete as mecassary.
Thanks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

There have been many such posts on this subject so you may want to run a search.

That being said, at 165 pounds, you need to be thinking more along the lines of something around a 170-190 in size, preferably a 190. With gear and accessories, your exit weight will be closer to 190.

Good first canopies are the Sabre2 (9-cell), Hornet (9-cell), Spectre(7-cell), Triathlon (7-cell).

Any container made within the last 3-4 years should do you well. If you are looking at getting into freeflying, get something with solid pin, bridle, riser and reserve protection.

Run a search and do some research. If you're questions aren't answered by then, post them and we'll help you out.

Kris
IAD/JM
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I was hoping that you may be able to tell me what your facilaties have in stock that would be suitable for me.

Best thing for that is to email every store you know.

www.square1.com
www.sunshine-factory.com
www.skykat.com
www.aerostore.com
www.gearstore-elsinore.com
www.cousindave.com

also try www.sunpath.com they have some stuff on stock and used.

if want to search for classifieds you can search the dz.com classifieds and www.enclave.com classifieds.

From here down is what I added in the edit:

apparently good canopy skills for number of jumps done. would like a 150-170^2 foot main and relatively recent container, preferably less that 6 years old.

If your profile is current and updated (11 jumps) you should be thinking in something like a 170 or better yet a 190sqf main. Thinking for a 150 (wingload of 1.1 if its your exit weight, remember that the gear is about 20-25 lbs, that will put your wingload in 1.23) will be buying a headache, buttache, boneache and all kinds of aches and a stressfull canopy ride cause it will go to fast for you and you are not used to it and everything will seem like its comming to fast (I have no idea about your experience but from the number of jumps that you have in your profile it makes me thing that you are jumping a big canopy and are still a student). If you are not a student and have more than 70 jumps then pay no attention to what I have just said.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I have checked on all the websites I know of, and the classifieds.
Being in Australia, I would prefer to deal with a recognised comercial interest, incase of any re-course.
I was hoping that those who work for some of the establishments may have a fair idea of whats on the shelf, at the present, that may suit my needs
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?