lauril

Tandem for mom...

Yeah...Thought I'd share this with ya...

I'm gonna give a my mom a tandem jump for xmas, haven't bought it yet, but I've sorted out the financial issues with my mom's sister (since I need to jump too, I can't afford to pay the whole price for myself)

Can't wait till xmas, can't wait to see her face when she realises that she's going to jump out of a plane in couple of months :ph34r: (It's winter here, and our season starts in february)

But she's definitely going to jump, no doubt...

I just convinced my gf to accept a tandem as an xmas present - it's gonna be sweet!

I'm sure your mum'll love it. Mine's expressed an interest (after freaking a little bit when I started jumping) but she's worried about her (dodgy) back. :(

Gus

OutpatientsOnline.com

Has she said she would be interested in doing a tandem or will this be a total surprise?

Total surprise, :o I have to bite my tongue when we talk about xmas and presents.. I've been planning this a couple of months, and in two weeks I'm going to give it to her, I'm so excited !

"So all the presents were there ? Wait a sec, I got something here in my back pocket..." :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

..and now....i'm hooked!! Who knows...your mom could too.

Hope not.. ;);)

Very cool! I'm planning on buying a tandem for my mom next year, maybe for mother's day. She's the only member of my famiy who says they want to try it. I can't wait!

You'll have to let us know how she likes it.:)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Definietly, as soon as we're landed... ;)

In about two months, since it's winter...

If she isn't real excited about it, she has two months to worry about it! Tell her from me, she will have the best time and want to do another one! I can't wait to hear how she likes the gift and the tandem!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I hope she uses it. I hope you get to leave the plane with her and the TM. I did an anniversary jump with my Mrs. where she got my first freefall kiss. Great time.

My Mom would never, ever jump. I'm sure she'd ride a plane in with two engines on fire before she'd go.

Fun time!

Nice!

i gave my mom a tandem for her 53rd birthday a few years ago. She did it, loved it. she's awesome, and she figures, if I can do than she can do it. she hasn't done any other jumps since, but loves to tell people about it and show the video. you gotta get a video, and jump with her. dock on her... how many moms get to see us in that way.

very cool. hope she likes it!

i also gave my dad a ride in Mullins, that scared the piss out of him, diving with the door open past us in freefall while he's held in with a little seat belt. and he says he won't jump. he doesn't believe me that riding Mullins down is far scarier than jumping.
B|
lew

My Mum did a tandem two years ago (she's 60) and wanted to go straight back up again... She is delighted that she did it and she has shown the video to everyone who's set foot in our house since!
She now had a much better understanding of what I do and why I love it so much.
Here's a shot of the happy threesome (I jumped with her)
Hope your Mum enjoys it as much.

Mum&me.jpg

My mom did a tandem too and loved it. She's one of those people who considers herself a skydiver now. :P And, she never stops giving me flack for jumping!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We gave my mom a tandem-jump for her fiftieth birthday, she had to wait for seven hours at the DZ, but when the time finally came they took her to 15,000 ft. (at my DZ tandems normally go to 9,000 ft), they logged 58 seconds of 'droguefall', and the photos and video show the plane diving after them.

It is the most awesome tandem video I've ever seen! And yes, she does show it to anyone and everyone.

She is definitely going to jump again and loves coming to the DZ with me. If only my wife could be that enthusiastic!
Rainman