moodyskydiver

New Rig Colors...HELP!!!!!

So, what's your choice? My first thought was #2 before I scrolled down and saw that was in the final running.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Funny you should be doing this, I did this for a staff rig recommendation. I would recommend you talk with Bill at Mirage and have him send you a couple of swatches that actually show you what the colors look like. I did this because the program and the actual colors differ significantly. just my 0.02 worth.
:o:o

Definitely talk to Bill at Mirage. He's a great guy. He may also be able to turn you on to some stock rigs. Save some $$$ for other gear, and get it a little quicker.

I love my Mirages.

What Cajones said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say that you'll be ordering a canopy later, I think you said a 210 or 190? Good choice if you're experience level is lower. Before you know it, you'll be wanting to downsize the canopy and then the rig will be too big. I say buy used till you are under the size canopy that you'll be using for a long time. Just my 2 cents worth. BTW, I've been jumping for over 20 years and have only bought one custom rig. All the others were used, and it worked out find for me:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I know it sounds bad, but I'm not too worried about the price factor.This opportunity for new gear is a Christmas gift from my family. (yeah I know..I'm a spoiled brat.)I have had serious issues with gear not fitting...several of which almost caused me to quit the sport completely due to serious effects of ill-fitting gear.I am going to buy a custom container that I can use for awhile and just rent or buy a used main.With the size container I'm looking at I can jump a canopy that fits my current low-jump abilities and wing-load nicely,yet can later safely downsize to something with a bit more performance.I'm not trying to rush into this either.I've spent hours emailing and calling maunfacturers,dealers and talking to experienced jumpers about gear.Ask Lisa...I'm sure I've bugged her to death by now.

I do understand your concerns and appreciate the advice, but I think I'm doing whats right for me personally and I have had several dealers and experienced jumpers agree.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Well,like I've said earlier,I'm not worried about the $ factor.My family is footing the bill for my gear.I offered to get used and they said they want me to have the whatever I want...even new.Their main issue was that they would only agree to pay for gear if it was cypres-equipted,which was fine by me.:)

heya Moody..sorry your not coming to Eloy...oh well have a good xmas wherever you go..

#4 is VERY close to the Mirage my friend Thomas has..i'll see if i can find a picture of it to post so you can see that color scheme 'for real'..

No trick.I'm just the favorite.;)

Actually,I've had some very serious problems with ill-fitting gear.I'm not talking about being a student and complaining b/c the gear doesnt fit just right.I mean I was put in situations that the gear I was wearing put me in unsafe conditions (I didnt know it until it was too late and I was already in mid-jump when I realized things werent right).It scared the hell out of me and after I landed I was so shook up I swore I'd never jump again.It was that bad. Well,I am living up to that promise to a certain extent....I'm never jumping at that DZ again b/c they dont have gear that will fit me and I dont think its worth it if I have to do it in unsafe conditions. B/c my family knew how much I love this sport,they wanted me to have safe,properly fitting gear.So thats why my family is paying for new gear.

(sorry for the safety preach)[:/]