Ron

New USPA license stuff.

Join the cultured, civilized world: a tea cozy is an insulated jacket that goes over a teapot to prevent heat loss. They are generally decorated.

If you don't make tea in a teapot, you are undeserving lowlife scum anyway.:P:P

What's a teapot anyway? You don't get BEER from a tea pot anyway!;):ph34r::D

Conway D-24335B|

If you don't think of yourself as a Master(aka D licensed) then why do YOU have a D??? your profile says you are D licensed. sounds a wee bit hypocritical

I'm not about to speak for anyone else, but to me it looks like many people get their D licenses as a means to an end, not because they consider themselves a "Master." (thank god)

By a means to an end I mean situations like getting your D so that you can compete at Nationals in CRW or in any of the open classes.

And if anyone does actually consider themselves a "master" at 200 jumps (or 300, 500 etc) nowadays....how do you fit their ego in the plane?

Sadly, I'm sure there are people out there like that. I know a few of them.

I'm glad they did away with the "Master" denotation. Not only was it antiquated but it can imply a cockiness about the license-holder that typically isn't deserved. I will never consider myself a "master" skydiver, that doesn't mean I should never go for the highest license.

blue skies!
Heather

f you don't think of yourself as a Master(aka D licensed) then why do YOU have a D??? your profile says you are D licensed. sounds a wee bit hypocritical

Needed it to compete in open at the US Nationals.
I think it was need to get a PRO rating.
Just like I needed my C to do beach jumps.

And I had the jumps, and a guy at a DZ in FL asked if I wanted to take the test. It was a WX day, so I did.

Just because I have a number, and an old card that says I am a "Master" does not make me act like I am....I learn new things everyday.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Would someone be able to post the USPA license requirements?

Just for comparasion, here are the Aussie licenses. I think that the requirements are not too bad.

http://www.apf.asn.au/apf_admin/downloads/opregs2002.pdf

CERTIFICATE "A" CONDITIONS: Applicants must:
(a) Have made at least 10 stable free falls
(b) Have made at least 10 descents landing within 25 metres of the target disc, these landings being made unassisted by a Target Assistant;
(c) Have completed the Student Training Descent Table required by 6.3 of these regulations to the satisfaction of a Chief Instructor;
(d) Have the approval of a Chief Instructor to pack a main parachute for the use of him/herself or a licensed parachutist;
(e) Pass a written examination set and conducted under the supervision of a Chief Instructor which tests his or her knowledge of parachuting regulations and theory of parachuting;
(f) Have completed the Canopy Handling Training Descent Table shown in Appendix 5A of these regulations to the satisfaction of a Chief Instructor.

CERTIFICATE "B" CONDITIONS: Applicants must:
(a) Deleted April 2002;
(b) Fulfil the conditions of Certificate "A";
(c) Have made at least 50 stable free falls;
(d) Have made 7 consecutively nominated descents landing within 25 metres of the target disc (see 3.1.9);
(e) Have completed the training required by 6.4 of these regulations to the satisfaction of a Chief Instructor;
(f) Have entered the formation third or later on at least three successful relative descents involving three other persons;
(g) Be certified by a Chief Instructor as safe and competent to participate in up to 10 person relative descents.
(h) (deleted January 2001).
(i) Have demonstrated the ability to determine the correct exit point.

Certificate "C" conditions: Applicants must:
(a) Fulfil the conditions of Certificate "B";
(b) Have made at least 100 stable free falls;
(c) Have made at least 20 descents landing within 10 metres of the target disc;
(d) Have completed 5 consecutively nominated descents landing within 20 metres of the target disc.

Certificate "D" conditions: Applicants must:
(a) Fulfil the conditions of Certificate "C";
(b) Have made at least 200 stable free falls;
(c) Have made at least 20 descents landing within 5 metres of the target disc.
(d) Have demonstrated the ability to guide the aircraft to the exit point.

Certificate "E" conditions: Applicants must:
(a) Fulfil the conditions of Certificate "D";
(b) Have made at least 500 stable free falls;
(c) Have made at least 20 descents landing within 1 metre of the target disc;
(d) (deleted January 2001).

Certificate "F" conditions: Applicants must:
(a) Fulfil the conditions of Certificate "E";
(b) Have made at least 1000 stable free falls;
(c) Have made at least 20 descents landing within 0.5 metre of the target disc;
(d) Have completed 20 consecutively nominated descents landing within 5 metres of the target disc (see 3.1.9);
(e) Have made at least one descent at night.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Interesting matchup on the numbers for the A to D...maybe adding an E to the USPA would remove the negative vibe from the changes, but allow better classification for activities-who knows.
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

One thing that you have to do for your B licence, which I haven't seen in the USPA licences, is you have to complete the B-rel table

This table consists of 10 stages which teach you how to fly around. You have to do:

Level 1:
1. Spotting
2. Height awareness
3. General freefall
4. Tracking

Level 2:
1. Consolidation of pinning.
2. Tension awareness between grips.
3. Turning on the spot.

Level 3:
1. For the novice to use the background and peripheral vision as an aid to freefall perception.
2. For the novice to fly to a given position and remain there without relying on grips.

Level 4:
To teach the novice to fly to a side dock within a formation.

Level 5:
1. Side shot monopoles.
2. An extension of Skill Level 4.

Level 6:
1. Dock in out-facing position.
2. An extension of previous skill levels.

Level 7:
For the novice to learn to fly from one point to another within a formation, mostly by grip
changing.

Level 8:
1. To introduce the novice to sequential manoeuvring.
2. Outside turns are used to teach the novice to remain on their own column of air while
turning away from the formation.
3. To demonstrate the flow of the dive to the novice.

Level 9:
To teach novice to fly to different points of a formation while maintaining relative height.

Level 10: (3 x 4 ways)
1. To teach the novice how to organise a dive.
2. To familiarise the novice with flying relative with more than one other person.
3. To be used as a starting point to larger formations.

Is there anything like this for the USPA licences?
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies