debonair

[300 way] Art Bori (Base Red) Injury Update

Art had surgery last night on his knee. He had separated his patella tendon from his kneecap and torn chunks of bone off along with it on landing just 2 jumps before the record was broken.

I saw him last night, right before he left for the hospital and the bruises on his leg run from his thigh all the way down to his ankle, front and back of his leg. It is an impressive rainbow of purple and red.

Wendy (his girlfriend) gave me an update today. He is staying at her house for a few days. His leg is in an immobilizer that is expected to stay on for up to 6 weeks. After that he will get a brace that will allow a limited range of motion which will be increased during the recovery period.

Art hopes to get back in the air by May and I have my fingers crossed he will. A number of people have sent requests for email/snail mail information so here it is:

Art Bori
3733 98th St SE
Everett, WA 98208

[email protected] Email

Now may be a great time to order a new helmet or gear bag from Art since he will be stuck at home for a while. He greatly appreciated the kind words and good wishes on the card everyone signed and sends his congrats to all for the 300-way success despite being bummed out about missing the actual jump.

Drop him a note if you get the chance. Blue skies

Deb "debonair" Henry
Wacker 4 - J2A
Go Fast!

Deb,

Thats it make Art slave over a sewing machine by advertising that we should order a bunch of stuff. I can just see it now, Art with his leg extended to one side, probably the one he normally uses to push the floor pedel, thinking to himself "boy oh boy is this fun"....:P

Art, on a serious note, I hope you get back into the air soon. Terri Lee and I send our best wishs for a speedy recovery...

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hi All,

Seemingly mandatory posting disclaimer: I've been lurking for quite a while and with some unexpected downtime I decided to uncloak and post something.

I'm recovering reasonably well and expect to get back in the air by May at the latest. As luck would have it, just before I left for the 300-way I walked my girlfriend through the entire process of manufacturing weight belts. Amongst the other things she's already done for me, now she can cover that aspect.

Actually before the surgery, we did build some belts. Luckily it was my left leg so I could operate most machines reasonably well; well except for the bar-tacker. I couldn't sit for long but we got everything done and shipped on time.

Happy Holidays to all!

Art
was Red Base - SV6B now downstairs futon - flat on my back.

Is this along the lines of "Hope the pic does not make you hurt and by the way Merry Christmas". If you Kick a guy while he is down be sure to at least give him a present at the same time!;)

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"