mofo554

Skydivingmovies.com

Each time I go to skydivingmovies.com and get redirected to the ftp, I can download only one movie. After that, I always get error messages having to do with being denied access. Why is this? Has anybody had a similar problem? How can I fix it? Thanks....

I connect in the middle of the night and still can get nothing.

It is always in the middle of the night somewhere on the planet. At the same it is broad daylight somewhere else...
:P

Edit: It shows that this is posted in the middle of the night while in fact I am typing this edit at 10:55 AM - coffeetime! :)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Get a download manager and select all files and ask it to download all the files one by one ....

Some confusion here. I was replying to someone who complained he couldn't get things downloaded even if he tried it "in the middle of the night"

Have a downloadmanager. ("fresh downloads" - supports multiple tries etc.) Have a cable connection. Have 3 computers in a network. Bought a new car yesterday...
(Boasting? Me? Naaahhh....)
:)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

There is a limit of 25 users on the site, and each user is limited to 3 concurrent connections.

If you're considering using a "download manager", well - these limits were put in place specifically BECAUSE of download managers.

Secondly, it is incredibly bad form to set up a download manager to grab EVERYTHING, like so many seem to do. It is precisely this behaviour that results in the tightly throttled bandwidth.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Andy, perhaps it's time to limit each user to only 1 concurrent connection? Should make more people happy more of the time...

I'd love to, but the problem with one connection is that IE seems to be bad at closing connections when its done with them, also IE is very bad at actually reporting error messages. I might turn it down to 2.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Hey Andyman,

I also downloaded 2 video's without a falter in the connection so I started to wonder what the problem was. Now I see.

Maybe you could put some sort of a warning /request on the intro-page (" >:( Listen you greedy bastards with downloadmanagers - don't suck up all the bandwidth... >:(")

(I guess that could be phrased slightly more diplomatic but since most of the clientele are skydivers...:)

A thousand words...

I hate using IE for FTP downloads. Its best to use a FTP client. There are many free ones available like War FTP client and WSftp LE.
Or if you are feeling ambitious you could use the command line ftp that comes with windows.
Its not too hard just type ftp in the MSDos prompt and then ? for instructions.