Craig

Does your DZ offer "Discounts"?

I was thinking of going to the DZO and asking if they would be willing to give a discount if you "pre-pay" for a certain amount of jump tickets. Either buy X amount of tickets and get 1 or 2 dollars off each, or buy X amount of tickets and get X tickets free? I doubt it would be worth it to the DZ if your only willing to get 10 or 20 tickets but if your willing to commit to more than that?? Just wondering if any DZ's offer anything like this? I remember some jumpers on here talking about it along time ago but I think it was just a discussion that went off track and not a dedicated thread.

Edit: Also cash payment would likely be important cause of the fees involved with credit cards.

My DZ doesn't offer discounts (as far as I know). It is a small operation, ands it's probably not an option.

However, I did find this:

Skydive Express in York (Australia):
Jumps $31 to 12,000 or books of ten for $295

Sydney Skydiving Center
Jump tickets prices:

$35 to 13,500ft - Weekends
$35 to 13,500ft - Mon-Fri
$30 - In lots of 10 tickets

That was on their websites. I had a look at some others in Australia, but couldn't find any other references. That's not to say they don't do it...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Before last season I couldn't afford the deal - what a bummer all season I was making $20 jumps and my friends were making $15 jumps (last years prices). This year its $14 jumps for me all year and the first 100 are already paid for!

SDC end of season special (dec). 100 jumps for $1400 to be used next season. Buying the deal locks you in at that rate for the rest of the next season.

I thought it was a good deal.

Ken

This deal SDC offerd rocks...a lot of people put the $$ down, My self included...you cant beat $14 jumps....(in the midwest)

They also offer 10 jump packages too.. I think its $170 for 10...but dont hold me to that...I do know that jump rates over all are back down to $19
B|

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Skydive Houston periodically (and maybe currently) has a "make 5 jumps in a day and get the 6th on the same day free" deal. It's a great discount.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In addition to $99 day passes even with multiple rigs, Fridays are $14 to 13.5K. Otter is gone but the king air isn't so bad and the T-bo shoulb be up and running by late spring. I hear they will be running both planes at the same time for faster turnarounds.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

we have a "buy more, pay less" deal.
its about
1 weekend jump = ~ $30
10 jumps = ~ $27 per jump
20 jumps = ~ $26 per jump
30 jumps = ~ $25 per jump
50 jumps = ~ $24 per jump

and so on...
but our starting price is a bit higher...:(

O

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I was thinking of going to the DZO and asking if they would be willing to give a discount if you "pre-pay" for a certain amount of jump tickets.

Just wondering if any DZ's offer anything like this?

Skydive Delmarva in Laurel, Delaware does!

http://www.skydivedelmarva.com

Experienced Skydiver Rates/2002:

Jumps to 14,000 feet are:

Blocks of 1-5: $20.00 each
Blocks of 6-19: $19.00 each
Blocks of 20+: $18.00 each
Friday jumps are $15.00 each
Summer Sunday Sunset jumps are $15.00 each

Proposals for other rates for large block purchases and teams or specific groups will always receive consideration.

Blue ones,
Stay Safe.

Martin

Perris has some great deals!
Regular weekend jump: $20
Weekday jump: $16
Buy a $1000 block of tickets,
you get 65 which equals out to $15.39

AND you can pay with a credit card.

Not to mention all the other deals they have throughout the year....
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald