CanuckInUSA

Am I spoiled with my home DZs airplanes

Am I spoiled with my home DZs airplane(s)? Currently the place where I regularly jump has a King Air and a Cessna 206 and in a little over a month we'll also be getting an Otter. So here I sit thinking, how spoiled am I in this marvelous sport of skydiving? How many of you out there only have access to a Cessna 206 or 182 (or worse)?

What airplane(s) does your home DZ have?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

We ditched the otter (leased) for a "super" king air(bought).

I actually like the king air better for those days when there are not enough jumpers to get back to backs on the otter.
It's way easier to pack quickly when you have to watch other people going into the air every 15 minutes or so.

As an added bonus the groups are smaller --> less canopy traffic:)

2 182's (year round, but only 1 running right now :()
1 caravan. (march to like october)

and for a week we get a lot of really cool planes (no i didn't count these) but this past year, we had 3 otters, 2 caravans, and a C-130. i'm talking about the richmond boogie, best boogie around ;)

later

3 Super Otters and a Super Skyvan at "my" dz; two more Otters 15 minutes west of there and another an hour or so south. Nope, you're not spoiled, but I sure am. ;)

What's wrong with a 206 or 182 though? Just cuz you can't get 12,500 out of them and you're stuffed in like sardines smelling your buddies feet (or worse)... at least in a Cessna you can kiss the pilot on the way out. :ph34r:

Hey Ian,

How are you and Katie doing. Does this meen that its final that BP is going to become a tandem only DZ? That makes me so sad, I am going to miss everyone. Guess I'll either have to drive to Orange for an hour and a half, or just migrate to SNE.

Marianna

We have a King Air and a 182, though I've never been in the Cessna. While I love the Otters and Skyvan at Perris/Elsinore, I'm happiest crammed into the King Air. The extra thousand feet of altitude we get for a buck less a jump is nice too.

2, sometimes 3, c-180's and a DHC-2 that they call a "beaver" at the DZ. i've only seen them use the "beaver" on days where the weather is so nice that everyone comes on the same day. bigger, nicer planes might be nice, but hell.....we're just gonna jump out of them anyway!

doug
hey, i was stupid before stupid was cool!

Caravan, Porter, 206 and 195 which is suped up but offline. They put 9 max in the Porter, which is tight, but not as bad a 10 like some places.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

All of the ones you listed!!!!!

See, not having a "Home Drop Zone" specifically, I consider my home drop zone the one that I jump at on any particular day. This means, basically, that my home DZ has all those you listed, and quite a few more!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1